PDA

View Full Version : Accordion menu items collide upon initial pageLoad

MalnuRulz
10-23-2008, 03:59 PM
1) Script Title: ddaccordian menu script

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/ddaccordionmenu.htm

3) Describe problem: I'm using the accordion script, and the menu items are colliding/overlapping upon initial page load. It's almost as if there's a delay. I think the problem is most profound in IE, but I've had issues in FF too.

The URL is http://www.elizabethkosichnewyork.com/

Thank you for your help, and this site is a great resource!

ddadmin
10-23-2008, 06:48 PM
Hmm testing your page in FF3 and IE7, I don't see any obvious issues with the menu when the page loads. What browser are you using, and what specifically should we be looking for as far as "colliding"? In the meantime, a couple of things you should do just to have you running the most stable version of DD Accordion:

1) Upgrade your jQuery file to the latest version- 1.2.6
2) Upgrade your Accordion menu .js file to the latest version: 1.6

Both files can be found at the end of code of Step 1 here: http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/ddaccordion.htm

MalnuRulz
10-23-2008, 11:17 PM
Cool. I re-installed those and sent an email to the client so we'll see if that works. As far as specifically what's happening, it's a little vague, and I'm a Mac guy and it seems most issues are on PC. Here's what the client said in trying to explain it:

There's an issue with the nav menu for PC users (internet explorer, etc.). As the user moves around the nav menu, the category headers "collide" with the their drop-down menus. So, for example, "the olenska" gets obscured by "collection" when you drop down to names of the individual pieces. Also, "about" collides with the collection names. I took a polling and this is happening with many different PC users.

Thank you again for your help, and I'll repost when I here back from the client as to whether the updated scripts solved it or not!

MalnuRulz
10-24-2008, 02:26 AM
Evidently, it's still doing it! Does anyone else see the same problem?

Thank you so much!

ddadmin
10-24-2008, 07:55 AM
Ah ok, now I see it, which only occurs in IE for me (not FF3). I can't quite tell what the issue is exactly yet, though it does have something to do with the fact that the menu is contained in a table column. As the height of the table changes due to the image animation you have on the left column, in IE, that change is affecting the right column's height as well, obscuring part of the menu.

This is just tinkering at this point, but try adding:

.glossymenu a.submenuheader{
display: block;
}

to Framework2.css. Basically it forces the headers (ie: collection) to be a block element, which may or may not fix the issue.

MalnuRulz
10-24-2008, 08:30 PM
I had a feeling it might be the table thing — meant to mention that in my first post. I gave that a try. Hopefully it works ...

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

MalnuRulz
10-28-2008, 01:45 AM
So, finally heard back from my client and it still seems to have the same problem. Here's her note:

It’s still colliding, FYI. The main drop down menu is fine and doesn’t collide; when you open up the categories (about, collection) it’s still fine and doesn’t collide but when you click on one of the descriptions (the lily bart, the Gertrude, the edith), the descriptions collide.

I'm gonna do some troubleshooting and will hopefully have more info soon!

Thanks!