PDA

View Full Version : How do I get it to scroll into view on loading ?

harmonics
10-18-2008, 03:40 AM
1) Script Title: Pausing up-down Scroller

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex2/crosstick.htm

3) Describe problem: I would like the script to scroll straight away on loading the web page and not pause before scrolling (default setting).

The idea is that when a visitor comes to my site I want them to see the first message scroll into view on load so that they know there are more messages coming as I have the pause set to 6 seconds on each message to give the viewer ample reading time on each message. ( sorry that description was really clumsy and verbose)

To put it in a nut shell I would like the first message to scroll into view as the page loads (now why didn’t I just say that in the first place…)

changes I have made myself to the script so fare are...
I have removed the stop on mouse over
It's using images to scroll not text (I have text on the images so I can control the fonts and colour)
And it now scrolls down not up.....

Just would like to make it scroll into view on loading......

Thanks in advance…
harmonics

ddadmin
10-18-2008, 11:15 PM
Actually by default the first message is shown already as the page loads until the 2nd message is scrolled into view after the specified pause (ie: 6 seconds). Doesn't that already take care of the issue you're looking to resolve?

harmonics
10-19-2008, 09:28 AM
Hi

no, :o

I am looking to have it scroll the first message in and then hold...

I was hoping that there was a simple change to the script to have the first action to be a scroll into view and then hold.

hopeful
harmonics