PDA

View Full Version : Hovering BG Colors for Accordion Content, Bullet Style Menu

lilyinblue
10-10-2008, 04:35 PM
1) Script Title: Accordion Content Script v1.6 - Bullet List Accordion Menu

2) Script URL (on DD):
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/ddaccordionmenu-bullet.htm

3) Describe problem:
I am currently trying to set up an accordion menu using this script. The Menu I'm working on has some areas that are nested pretty deeply, but the degree of nesting isn't equal across the board. I am having two issues:

On levels of the menu where some of the links are actual links and others open up another nested level, I'm having some trouble making them look the same. The actual links seem to be picking up the "open" style as opposed to the closed style, thus not all links on the same level appear uniformly. And, if I I specify the 'closed' class, I lose the background change on hover.

Secondly, on all links that spawn another nested level, none of the backgrounds seem to want to change when you hover over the links. I'm not quite sure why it is doing that.

I've attached a .zip file of what I have so far. The best route on the menu to take in order to see all of the problems is...

Specialty Centers > CORDS > Reentry Data. This will have all levels opened.

I did not alter any of the .js files from the original. The biggest change I made was altering all of the various class names to something that one could easily follow as you went deeper into the menu. (L1, L2, L3, etc...)

Thanks for any help or suggestions!

ddadmin
10-10-2008, 10:25 PM
I'm still trying to wrap my head around this. So when I get down to:

Specialty Centers > CORDS > Reentry Data.

What's wrong with the picture so far is that the "Reentry Data" header itself doesn't contain a background color when it should? You have to be careful when styling nested lists, since everything inherits, and unexpected behaviors can very easily arise.