PDA

View Full Version : All Levels Navigational Menu (v1.4) & Firefox

JTR1104
10-09-2008, 10:52 PM
1) Script Title: All Levels Navigational Menu (v1.4)

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...menu/index.htm

3) Describe problem: First off, great script!!! It works in IE 7 with no problems but in Firefox 2 and 3 the submenus open up but don't close, only the first submenu item has the arrow, submenus appear lower on the page and I get the following errors:

Warning: Error in parsing value for property 'display'. Declaration dropped.
Source File: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/jtr1104/My%20Documents/CSE_FAQs/HTML/ddlevelsfiles/ddlevelsmenu-base.css
Line: 30

Error: el has no properties
Source File: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/jtr1104/My%20Documents/CSE_FAQs/HTML/ddlevelsfiles/ddlevelsmenu.js
Line: 87

Can anyone provide some hint as to what is wrong. BTW, demo.htm works fine so I am sure it is something I may have done elsewhere in the html of my web page but have no clue what it could be. Knowing what these two error messages are expecting would help. I have not changed either file referenced.

Thanx in advance and great forum.

ddadmin
10-09-2008, 11:51 PM
It's hard to say based on the info you posted, as they are local file references. Please post a link to the page on your site that contains the problematic script so we can check it out.

JTR1104
10-10-2008, 03:59 PM
Thanx for the prompt response. Posting a link is a bit of a problem. The webpage is in development on my PC behind an organizationwide firewall. The end result will be an FAQ application on an internal intranet not for public access.

If there is any other way I can provide the info you need to help me through this issue, let me know.

Knowing what properties are expected in el (Error: el has no properties) and why Firefox would have this issue and not IE7, would help me know where to look. I've worked through other Firefox vrs IE7 differences but this one puzzles me.

Thanx again. :confused:

JTR1104
10-10-2008, 05:25 PM
Figured it out. If anyone uses this script with Firefox, make sure the <li>s and <ul>s are accurate, there can be lots of them. EI7 doesn't seem to care but Firefox does.

Thanx again.