PDA

View Full Version : Image preload script

jtrory
10-08-2008, 10:23 PM
Hi,

I've searched all over the internet and all over these forums for a solution to this problem, but so far no luck, so I'm hoping someone out there can help.

It's fairly simple. The "Preload Image (with progress bar) Script II" script does not work correctly in Firefox, and I'm not good enough at Javascript to figure out how to get it to work correctly.

The problem is that the progress bar is supposed to start out white and turn grey as the images progressively load. It works in IE but not FF. I'm sure that the problem is that the script is very old, and does not sniff for FF anywhere. But I don't know how to get it to do that.

Any help would be appreciated, or alternatively if anyone knows where I could get a script that works in both IE and FF that would be great also. I've looked at CSS based progress bars but just don't have the time to build one from scratch like that.

The code is practically untouched from how it is download from this website, but I'll include it here anyway. An example of the problem can be found on my website http://www.jamestrory.com on any one of the gallery pages.

// Progressbar - Version 2.0
// Author: Brian Gosselin of http://scriptasylum.com
// Featured on Dynamic Drive (http://www.dynamicdrive.com)
// PUT THE NAMES OF ALL YOUR IMAGES THAT NEED TO BE "CACHED" IN THE "imagenames" ARRAY.
// DONT FORGET THE COMMA BETWEEN EACH ENTRY, OR THE TICK MARKS AROUND EACH NAME.
// WHEN ALL THE IMAGES ARE DONE LOADING, THE "imagesdone" VARIABLE IS SET TO "TRUE"

var imagenames=new Array( '../Images/Abandoned/B-1.jpg' , '../Images/Abandoned/B-2.jpg' , '../Images/Abandoned/B-3.jpg' , '../Images/Abandoned/B-4.jpg' , '../Images/Abandoned/B-5.jpg' , '../Images/Abandoned/B-6.jpg' , '../Images/Abandoned/B-7.jpg' , '../Images/Abandoned/B-8.jpg' , '../Images/Abandoned/B-9.jpg' , '../Images/Abandoned/B-10.jpg');

var yposition=250; //POSITION OF LOAD BAR FROM TOP OF WINDOW, IN PIXELS
var loadedcolor='gray' ; // PROGRESS BAR COLOR
var unloadedcolor='white'; // BGCOLOR OF UNLOADED AREA
var barheight=15; // HEIGHT OF PROGRESS BAR IN PIXELS (MIN 25)
var barwidth=350; // WIDTH OF THE BAR IN PIXELS
var bordercolor='black'; // COLOR OF THE BORDER

//DO NOT EDIT BEYOND THIS POINT

var NS4 = (navigator.appName.indexOf("Netscape")>=0 && parseFloat(navigator.appVersion) >= 4 && parseFloat(navigator.appVersion) < 5)? true : false;
var IE4 = (document.all)? true : false;
var NS6 = (parseFloat(navigator.appVersion) >= 5 && navigator.appName.indexOf("Netscape")>=0 )? true: false;
var imagesdone=false;
var blocksize=barwidth/(imagenames.length);
barheight=Math.max(barheight,25);
var loaded=0, perouter, perdone, images=new Array();
var txt=(NS4)?'<layer name="perouter" bgcolor="'+bordercolor+'" visibility="hide">' : '<div id="perouter" style="position:absolute; visibility:hidden; background-color:'+bordercolor+'">';
txt+='<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="1" border="0"><tr><td width="'+barwidth+'" height="'+barheight+'" valign="center">';
if(NS4)txt+='<ilayer width="100%" height="100%"><layer width="100%" height="100%" bgcolor="'+unloadedcolor+'" top="0" left="0">';
txt+='<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0"><tr><td valign="center" width="'+barwidth+'" height="'+barheight+'" bgcolor="'+unloadedcolor+'"><center><font color="'+loadedcolor+'" size="1" face="sans-serif">Loading Images...</font></center></td></tr></table>';
if(NS4) txt+='</layer>';
txt+=(NS4)? '<layer name="perdone" width="100%" height="'+barheight+'" bgcolor="'+loadedcolor+'" top="0" left="0">' : '<div id="perdone" style="position:absolute; top:1px; left:1px; width:'+barwidth+'px; height:'+barheight+'px; background-color:'+loadedcolor+'; z-index:100">';
txt+='<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0"><tr><td valign="center" width="'+barwidth+'" height="'+barheight+'" bgcolor="'+loadedcolor+'"><center><font color="'+unloadedcolor+'" size="1" face="sans-serif">Loading Images...</font></center></td></tr></table>';
txt+=(NS4)? '</layer></ilayer>' : '</div>';
txt+='</td></tr></table>';
txt+=(NS4)?'</layer>' : '</div>';
document.write(txt);
function loadimages(){
if(NS4){
perouter=document.perouter;
perdone=document.perouter.document.layers[0].document.perdone;
}
if(NS6){
perouter=document.getElementById('perouter');
perdone=document.getElementById('perdone');