PDA

View Full Version : Running Ajax Pagination with Javascript on called pages?

TrueKnight
10-07-2008, 02:38 PM
1) Script Title: Ajax Pagination script v1.2

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/ajaxpaginate/index.htm

3) Describe problem: I would like to run Ajax Pagination, however, here is my issue. I have a Javascript for a dropcap on the first letter of the first paragraph of each page. When I first load the site, the first page shows the DropCap... no problem, but when I go to the next page, the dropcap is not showing. But if I refresh the screen it will showup.

I am assuming that the Javascript is only running on the first page and then when I refresh the second page it runs for that page, but only when I refresh. Any way to make it run automatically without refresh?

Thanks!

TrueKnight
10-07-2008, 11:41 PM
Anyone... any help?

ddadmin
10-09-2008, 05:44 AM
Since each page is fetched dynamically using Ajax, they face the same basic limitation with any page fetched using this process, which is that inline JavaScript basically won't be successfully rendered. I'm not sure how your Drop Caps script is run, but if it's done dynamically (and not while the page is loading), you may be able to call it each time a page has been fetched to get things to work. A link to the problem page might help.