PDA

View Full Version : DD Menu won't work on AOL.

awagner
10-05-2008, 01:52 AM
1) Script Title: Any Link Dropdown Menu

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/dropmenuindex.htm

3) Describe problem: I added this script to my website and it works perfectly on all browsers except stupid AOL. My website isn't up yet, I just tested it with the 'open file' function on AOL (as I did with all other browsers). The script works fine on Dynamic Drives website (on AOL) so how do I get it to work on mine? I also have the same problem with the Thumbnail Viewer II script. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

ddadmin
10-05-2008, 11:35 PM
Please post a link to the page on your site that contains the problematic script so we can check it out.

awagner
10-06-2008, 05:40 AM
Thank you so much for replying to my post but I finally got it to work.

In case anyone else has this problem: Like I told you, I had not uploaded my new site to the Internet but tested it on all browsers (with the 'open file' option) to make sure the script worked. All browsers but AOL worked fine.

In order for you to be able to see the page, I had to put it in my web site that is already on the internet. I then went to the location within my web site to check it, and lo and behold it worked. Just to make sure, I again tried the 'open file' option on AOL and it didn't work. I guess it has to be uploaded to the Internet for stupid AOL to make it work right. What's interesting, both Netscape and AOL's Open Ride browser showed it working fine with the 'open file' option before uploading to the Internet. Doesn't make sense to me.

Again, thank you very much.