PDA

View Full Version : Animated Collapsible DIV v2.01 Firefox Rendering (Frame) Problem

thejazz
10-03-2008, 07:16 AM
1) Script Title: Animated Collapsible DIV v2.01

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/animatedcollapse.htm

3) Describe problem: Hi all. This is my 1st message here. I hope someone can reply & help me ASAP.

I used "Animated Collapsible DIV v2.01" on my webpage,however I got some problems concerning this script.

When I open (show) the div there is no problem, however when I tried to hide the div (in Firefox only), while the div is closing there seems a rendering problem like frame jumping. It happens when the page creates scrollbar cos of opened div (like in laptop resolutions)..In IE there is no problem.

Any helps will be pleased and appreciated.

Thanks in advanced.

Test Page : http://bioartt.somee.com/index.html

Click on the picture named "Tekne Imalati" and the go to the bottom of the page and click on the link named --> "| Yukari Kaldir |" to see the frame problem happening on Firefox.

P.S.: If any information could be needed, I will try to assist as much as I can.

thejazz
10-04-2008, 01:09 PM
Doesn't anyone have any idea or solution concerning this problem ?

thaidatelink
10-04-2008, 03:22 PM
Um...sorry I'm not the creator of this script...therefore...I don't have a solution to the problem.

But since nobody answered your question, I thought maybe you should think of a "workaround' to the problem?

What I have in mind is a quick-n-dirty workaround and can't guarantee it'll work :P

This is what I have in mind:

#1.
If you are at the top-most of the page in Firefox or any other browsers, and when you expand a lengthy-height Div, it'll have a 'jerking' effect partly due to adding/removing of the scrollbar, and partly due to the lengthy-height of the div collapsing while the scrollbar expanding.
#2.
Having looked at your website, the 'Element' which was used to initiate the expand-collapse div was placed not too far-off from the top-most of the page.

# Solution(?)
Taking the above two scenarios into consideration, I was thinking maybe you could place an 'Anchor Link' at the top-most of the page, and add the anchor link to the element which you are currently using to initiate the expand-collapse div script.

Therefore, when you clicked on the element which was used to initiate the expand-collapse Div script, it'll also jump to the top-most of the page with the help of the anchor link, and hence, rid the problem of the 'jerking' effect(?)

Can guarantee it'll work :P

Quick and Dirty...Yes :P

Last, pardon me for my poor English...for it's not my native language :P

thejazz
10-04-2008, 06:23 PM
You are right,It could be a solution to make it shorten. I did it shorten.. However for the low resolutions like laptops, even a little collapsing will be, It happens the same thing, just in shorter time..

For 1024*768 resolutions or 1280*800 (usually for laptops), if you can click the first link picture (named as Tekne Imalati), you can see the same problem there, even it is worse cos the collapsing part is shorter.

I thought It could be cos of speeding arrangements, however I cannot say it certain.. So any help will be so appreciated. :)

Thank you thaidatelink..Btw your English is so good :) Have a good day..

thaidatelink
10-05-2008, 04:01 AM
Hi Jazz,

Thank you thaidatelink..Btw your English is so good

Thanks for your compliment :o

If you think adjustment to the slide speed would solve the 'jerking' problem in Firefox, you could adjust the speed in your animatedcollapse.js on line (est.) 62.

The default number '500' controls the speed.

$divref.animate(animateSetting, $divref.attr('speed')? parseInt($divref.attr('speed')) : 500)

By the way, if adjusting the speed doesn't solve the problem, maybe you should reconsider using the 'Jump to Top' function with an 'Anchor Tag' to jump to the top of the page with the function attached to the element which you initiate to expand-collapse the div.

I have tried the 'Jump to Top' function and that did solve the 'jerking' problem in Firefox.

With better luck, you should be able to find a free animated 'Scroll to Top' script which have a slicker effect ;)

thejazz
10-05-2008, 08:03 AM
Making it slower (with higher value x >500) seems a little better however not fixed the problem.

Thanks for the advice, I would give it a chance to be fixed up or fixed. :)

Even on IE6 it is working ^^ , what a shame for Firefox :/ , It made me really disappointed. But I am sure there could be a way, eventually It is a code :)..

thejazz
10-06-2008, 11:32 AM
Any help ?

carranza75
10-17-2008, 04:40 PM
Hey Jazz,

Not sure if you figured out the problem or not, but one thing you could do is to force the scroll bar to always show up in Firefox.

http://www.webmasterworld.com/forum119/129.htm

Pretty simple fix and it worked like a charm for me. :)