PDA

View Full Version : Frameset question

chuco61
10-02-2008, 03:32 PM
Through dreamweaver ive created three framesets on the same html page.

i have one taking up the left side (nav left)
i have the middle one for content (mainframe)
i have one on the right for the right side (right nav)
all in a vertical fashion.

link: mmgrates.isoars.com

i would like to swap content in the mainframe through clicking on the nav on the left or right sides. Can i do this like iframes by calling the pages up in the mainframe? How do i accomplish this?

THanks.

chuco61
10-02-2008, 07:14 PM
i figured it out

BUT i have another question

it seems as tho when i adjust the size of the browser window that the framesets close on each other as if they adjust. I would like them to say a fixed width and not close as the window becomes smaller.

how do i do this?:confused:

chuco61
10-06-2008, 04:20 PM
anyone?

Ad420
10-06-2008, 06:39 PM
Current:

<frameset cols="*,225" frameborder="no" border="0" framespacing="0">
<frameset cols="225,*" frameborder="no" border="0" framespacing="0">
<frame src="left_nav.html" name="leftFrame" scrolling="No" noresize="noresize" id="leftFrame" title="News nav" />
<frame src="main_content.html" name="mainFrame" id="mainFrame" title="mainFrame" />
</frameset>

Try this

<frameset cols="20%,*%,20%" / >

<frame src="left_nav.html" name="leftFrame" scrolling="No" noresize="noresize" id="leftFrame" title="News nav" />
<frame src="main_content.html" name="mainFrame" id="mainFrame" title="mainFrame" />

<frame src="right_nav.html" name="rightFrame" scrolling="No" noresize="noresize" id="rightFrame" title="Right Nav" />
</frameset><noframes><body>

I used % so it will scale with the window. But you can change them to a hard number. If you do they will not scale but stay the same size no matter what the size of the window is. Note that if you leave the * in the middle without the % it will close up on you like before. The * tells the bowers that that frame is as big as the space you have left. If left and right are both fixed then there may be no space for the middle frame, i hope this helped.