PDA

View Full Version : some scripts not working in marquee tags

gjoaquin
07-09-2005, 10:00 AM
on my blog giyang.blogspot.com, if you roll your mouse over the lyrics of the song you may notice that something goes wrong. The trail will not follow the script inside the song lyrics. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make that work? Thanks in advance!

jscheuer1
07-09-2005, 12:39 PM
I took a look at your sight. Too slow to load! Way too slow, and I have broadband! I'd think that cursor thing would be a 'feature', at least that way you can read the lyrics, and it makes 'em stand out. If you are determined to get both cursor effects working in that region, try declaring the custom cursor in the style for marquee and div as well as for body. Right now you have something like this:

body {
cursor:url('somecursor.ani')
}make it more like this:

body {
}
div {
}
marquee {
}If anything will, that will get the party hat over the marquee. Those bouncing balls though, are they really in another frame or something? That's what it looks like. If not, it might be because the marquee is relatively positioned. Or, both problems could be a side effect of the music player and/or counter. Try taking them off, one at a time, temporarily - just to see. If they are the problem, maybe you can move them to a different spot on the page.

gjoaquin
07-10-2005, 02:02 AM
Ei I think ill try that out! Thanks a lot! :)

gjoaquin
07-10-2005, 02:15 AM
I already tried it out and now i have the ball trail working already... I just changed the position to absolute instead of relative. Cant believe thats all it took! :eek: Now ill start working on making the custom cursor work inside that. Thanks a whole lot! Yeah, i know what you mean about my blog being slow. It takes me a while to load as well... gotta remove some scripts or something.

jscheuer1
07-10-2005, 02:44 AM
Some things that will speed the page load without removing anything:

- Compress all images to as low a resolution as possible (use an image optimization program like xat.com's image optimizer, if possible, or any image program that will let you save to a lower resolution). Keep backups of your originals!

- Reduce the length and/or quality of the music.

- Delay loading as many scripts execution as possible until the page has loaded (onload) - get the text and graphics parts of the page loaded first.

- Remove as many nested tables (if any) as possible by finding another way to format the content.