PDA

View Full Version : Can it be slowed down

delano
09-23-2008, 06:36 AM
1) Script Title: Left-Right Image Slideshow Script

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex14/leftrightslide2.htm

3) Describe problem:

Is it possible to slow the script down when showing the new image. I want to have a continuos flow with no pausing, but when I decrease the pausebetweenimages to 10, it just runs through at a speed. I haven't changed the code except for the pausebetweenimages.

I'm redoing my home page and would like to have this on my main page.

Any help in this regard will greatly appreciated.

jscheuer1
09-23-2008, 07:04 AM
If you look at the script code, you will find 4 statements like this one:

setTimeout("move3(tdiv)",50)

The highlighted part is different in each one, but the red 50 is the same in all four. Increasing this number (it is the number of milliseconds between each incremental movement of the images) will slow down the actual movement, but if it is increased too much, things will get jerky.

Now, above each of those 4 lines is a line with the number 5 in it. That's the number of pixels that the images move by each 50 milliseconds. Decreasing that number will also slow things down. In fact, doing it that way would probably be smoother. Whatever you do, if you change the 50's, change them all to the same new value. If you change the 5's - same thing - all to the same new value.