PDA

View Full Version : may have two java ide in one pc ? two java frameworks ? xp prof sp3, 1gb ram

leonidassavvides
09-17-2008, 10:16 PM
may have two java ide in one pc ? two java frameworks ? xp prof sp3, 1gb ram

peter_budo
09-17-2008, 11:34 PM
Yes no problem at all, I currently have JCreator, NetBeans and IntelliJ IDEA and same goes for frameworks

leonidassavvides
09-18-2008, 12:02 PM
how I know what javas frameworks and IDEs are installed in my PC ? I think i have only framework and i want to install netbeans ide ... well is any way ?
framework & ide must be of the same origin to function ?

peter_budo
09-18-2008, 11:01 PM
Here is listing of all known Java web frameworks as listed by wikipedia. The bold marked are most commonly used or discusses/compared
Apache Cocoon, Apache Struts, AppFuse, Aranea framework, Click Framework, Cooee framework, framework.fleXive, Google Web Toolkit, Grails, Hamlets, IT Mill Toolkit, ItsNat, JavaServer Faces, JBoss Seam, Makumba, Mentawai, Oracle ADF, OpenLaszlo, OpenXava, Reasonable Server Faces (RSF), Restlet, RIFE, Shale Framework, SmartClient, Spring Framework, Stripes, Tapestry, ThinWire, WebObjects, WebWork, Wicket, XTT Framework, ZK Framework

Can you explaine this "framework & ide must be of the same origin to function ?". It is not clear what you trying to say/ask...

leonidassavvides
09-19-2008, 08:00 AM
how I know what javas frameworks and IDEs are installed in my PC , I DO NOT REMEMBER WHAT IS INSTALLED ? NOW I want to install netbeans ide ... BUT I do not know if framework already exist, how detect ?
framework & ide must be of the same origin to function , netbeans function on netbeans ?

peter_budo
09-19-2008, 08:57 AM
Program Files folder provide list of applications installed on your computer however you will not find Eclipse to be part of it and same goes for Control Panel with its Add or Remove Programs.

Frameworks as all additional resources for Java are stored in libraries of JAR files. So it is up to you to find what you got. You should know if you downloaded any of them.

leonidassavvides
09-19-2008, 10:39 AM
frameworks seem under what names [ sun, netbeans, eclipse ]. I do not see any ide in my pc but I some sometimes a java icon in the taskbar for java update, is it the framework update ?
I want now to install netbeans ide, if exist order version it will appear before[during] instalation process ? It will upgrade automatically, or install new ver. in another dir some exist both ?

peter_budo
09-19-2008, 12:42 PM
The icon in the task bar is related to your installation of Java under drive:\Program Files\Java and has nothing to do with IDEs.
If there is older version of NetBeans this will be automatically upgraded and after each NetBeans start it should check for latest updates as long you do not disable the option

leonidassavvides
09-22-2008, 05:18 PM
Please see attachment and tell me what is this java software ? sun or netbeans ? framework or ide ? May have two framworks in a PC same-time ?

peter_budo
09-22-2008, 11:00 PM
That is Java control panel part of JRE or JDK installation where you may ( I do not recommend to beginner) change some setting as Java interact with for example with internet

leonidassavvides
09-23-2008, 08:05 AM
this controls all javas ? what java ? I want to install netbeans java 6.1 ide, is any conflict ?

peter_budo
09-23-2008, 02:04 PM
Just install NetBeans and forget about Java Control Panel, leave it be.

leonidassavvides
09-25-2008, 01:16 PM
what If I asked about updates for "Java Control Panel" ? this panel is for netbeans ?

peter_budo
09-25-2008, 06:21 PM
Man, why don't pay attention to replies? Why do you flood the forum with useless posts when question been answered in one of the first posts?

Java control panel is part of Java installation, so it is automatically updates with every new installation of Java.

And again IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH NETBEANS ! ! !