PDA

View Full Version : question about vertical dropdown menu

teddyc8201
09-16-2008, 07:54 PM
im using a js menu, and im trying to figure out if its possible for the menu to stay open after the link is clicked. The links seem to close initially when clicked on the subcategory for the first time, but once you click some other link and go back to the same original link it will stay open.

Example Site (http://www.bikebuildersbible.com/brakes.php)

Most of the links will work, any links that have # at the end are links that dont contain information at the moment.

magicyte
09-16-2008, 09:30 PM
I do not see what you are talking about on your page. I am sorry if I did not understand correctly.

-magicyte

teddyc8201
09-16-2008, 09:39 PM
I do not see what you are talking about on your page. I am sorry if I did not understand correctly.

-magicyte

oh sorry, what happens is when you click brakes>springer brakes>B-26; once you click b-26 the vertical menu closes up and doesnt stay dropped down

magicyte
09-16-2008, 09:46 PM
@ your apoligization:

It really wasn't your fault. I just didn't see where you meant.

Really. It isn't your fault. But thank you for the help, BTW.

@ your question:

I see what you mean. I am sorry, but I can only tell you what is causing this. When you load the page, the menu has a default appearance. The menu will ALWAYS stay that way when you reload the page in any way ( so I believe ) ... However, I have a suggestion. If you can put together some code that will change the style of your menu every time it reloads, I am sure it would work.

Also: I ( as a new user to your BBB site ) do not think that your problem is major at all. I don't think that many users of your site would care much. But you don't have to listen to me. You can do what you want.

Hope I helped.

-magicyte

teddyc8201
09-16-2008, 10:44 PM
@ your apoligization:

It really wasn't your fault. I just didn't see where you meant.

Really. It isn't your fault. But thank you for the help, BTW.

@ your question:

I see what you mean. I am sorry, but I can only tell you what is causing this. When you load the page, the menu has a default appearance. The menu will ALWAYS stay that way when you reload the page in any way ( so I believe ) ... However, I have a suggestion. If you can put together some code that will change the style of your menu every time it reloads, I am sure it would work.

Also: I ( as a new user to your BBB site ) do not think that your problem is major at all. I don't think that many users of your site would care much. But you don't have to listen to me. You can do what you want.

Hope I helped.

-magicyte

yeah thats what i was trying to think too, was to try and figure out how to code something to make it stay in place. If not i may have to go a different route and try a different menu type, something a little more simple but still goes down vertically because of the submenus.