PDA

View Full Version : Slide menu top problem

pwsparrow
07-06-2005, 06:39 PM
Hi, i have a problem. I have 4 different sliding menus, located on top of eachother. Once the mouse enters a box, it tabs out, and once it leaves, it returns to its origional state. The problem is that I don't know how to subtract height from the offset margin. For example, the 2nd menu bar is tabbing out when the mouse enters the 1st bar, because it's height is set at 150px.

what i have tried to do is something like this so that there would be 100px of nothing starting from the top of the frame...

top:'+((parseInt(slidemenu_top)-100px)+'px;

Is this the incorrect way of doint this?

Please let me know.

jscheuer1
07-06-2005, 06:50 PM
Yeah, that's wrong. I don't need to see the rest of the code to know it's wrong but, would need time and the full code and markup to begin to figure out, for sure, the correct way to do it. I'm not even positive I understand what you want, exactly. Seeing a demo (even just an attempt) would help.

top:'+((parseInt(slidemenu_top)-100px)+'px;Is the above meant to be a line of javascript code or of css code? Anyways, there is no way you can subtract 100px from anything, as it isn't a number, it is a text string. And that's only the beginning.