PDA

View Full Version : Chrome Menu in Firefox

beccaS
09-09-2008, 07:15 PM
1) Script Title: Chrome Drop Down Menu v2.01

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/indexb.html

3) Describe problem:

The horizontal menu looks/works fabulous in IE but is all squished together in FF. The drop down menu choices look great in both browsers and work seamlessly. I just can't get the menu bar to display correctly in FF.

site: www.getmia.net/Mark/test

Any ideas would be great!

Thanks
Becca

ddadmin
09-10-2008, 06:38 AM
Hmm in FF3, clicking on the "no sound" option to enter the page crashes the browser for me. Tried it twice to make sure. Please remove anything that may possibly causing this.

beccaS
09-11-2008, 02:04 PM
let's just bypass it for now:

www.getmia.net/Mark/test/home

I can't get FF to give me that same error (crashing when you try "no sound"). Thanks for the feedback though.

Becca

ddadmin
09-11-2008, 06:09 PM
Ok, testing things in FF3, the problem is due to the way you've defined your CSS, specifically, the line in red:

.chromestyle ul li a{
width:122px; /*MAIN MENU WIDTH CHANGE HERE*/
color: #494949;
padding:2px 0;
margin: 0;
text-decoration: none;
margin-left:auto and margin-right:auto
border-right: 1px solid #E0E0E0;
border-left: 1px solid #E0E0E0;
}

That line, while it affects IE, won't suffice in changing the height of each menu item in standard compliant browsers, such as Firefox. That's because "width" has no effect on SPAN elements, which are what the menu items consist of. You'll need to resort to just adding some padding to the left/right edges of each menu item to simulate the effect of width, such as:

.chromestyle ul li a{
color: #494949;
padding:2px 25px;
margin: 0;
text-decoration: none;
margin-left:auto and margin-right:auto
border-right: 1px solid #E0E0E0;
border-left: 1px solid #E0E0E0;
}

BTW, please note that your page is currently in violation of our usage terms, since the credit notice doesn't appear inline on the page. Please reinstate the credit notice: http://www.dynamicdrive.com/notice.htm

beccaS
09-11-2008, 06:29 PM
That was the problem! Thanks! It works great.
Sorry about the violation. I had the credit included in the js file but have also added it to the script now too.

Thanks for the script.

Becca