PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Fade-in slideshow (v1.51)

Scribbles
09-08-2008, 04:02 PM
1) Script Title: Ultimate Fade-in slideshow (v1.51)

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex14/fadeinslideshow.htm

3) Describe problem: I'm seeing the pictures, or at least part of them, in FF, but they are not the right size. I see nothing in IE, not even the banner across the top of my page.

I want to center the slideshow, but when I use the centering code you provided, nothing shows up at all. Here's how I had it (in the body of my code):

<script type="text/javascript">
<div class="centerdiv">
//new fadeshow(fadeimages, 725, 600, 0, 5000, 1, "R")
new fadeshow(fadeimages, 140, 225, 0, 3000, 1, "R")
new fadeshow(fadeimages2, 140, 225, 0, 3000, 0)
</div>
</script>

I'm at a loss as to what else to do. I'm an amateur at working with code, so please spell it out for me. Thanks! :)

Here's my page: http://www.lovehammersfanclub.com/lhfanclub/pages/Homepage/HomepageHammerfansTest2.html

Scribbles
09-08-2008, 06:28 PM
Okay, I played around with it and got it to show up in FF, centered, but still NOTHING in IE. Also, I set the background to transparent because the pics are not all the same size. But now I'm getting overlap on some of them. Is there a way to get around this, or do I need to size them all the same?

Thanks! :)

Scribbles
09-08-2008, 10:21 PM
I guess I'll just keep talking to myself! ;)

I'm still playing around, and I'm happy with the FF version except I'd like to change the border color from white to black. How do I do that?

And I still get no slideshow and no masthead on IE. Anybody got a clue about what's wrong there?

rangana
09-09-2008, 12:37 AM
You forgot to close your comment in your CSS. Add highlighted for a fix:

.centerdiv>div{ /*Proper way to center a relative div*/
margin: 0 auto;
}
-->
</style>

Scribbles
09-09-2008, 01:07 AM
Hah! You generally have to KNOW something before you FORGET to do it! :rolleyes: More likely I deleted it because I thought it was inconsequential.

It's always the little things, isn't it? Thank you! :)