PDA

View Full Version : Advanced RSS Ticker - Open in new window?

leaferz
09-04-2008, 04:58 PM
1) Script Title: Advanced RSS Ticker (Ajax invocation)

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/rsstickerajax/index.htm

3) Describe problem: It's not really a problem because the tool works exactly the way I need it to. I just need help on a slight modification. The RSS links open in the current page instead of opening a new page.

I've narrowed it down to this line:

var linktitle='<div class="rsstitle"><a href="'+this.link[this.pointer]+'">'+this.title[this.pointer]+'</a></div>'

I assume somewhere in that bolded part (probably at the tail end of it) has to enter the target=_blank statement to open the link onto a new page. I've tried all of the different syntax I can come up with and no luck.

Have any ideas on a quick fix?

Thank you.

ddadmin
09-04-2008, 06:08 PM
Try this (changes in red):

var linktitle='<div class="rsstitle"><a href="'+this.link[this.pointer]+'" target="_new">'+this.title[this.pointer]+'</a></div>'

leaferz
09-04-2008, 06:24 PM
Try this (changes in red):

var linktitle='<div class="rsstitle"><a href="'+this.link[this.pointer]+'" target="_new">'+this.title[this.pointer]+'</a></div>'

SUCCESS :D:D

Immediately after you posted that I knew where I went wrong. I was trying to put it before the last quote instead of after it.

Thank you so much ;)