PDA

View Full Version : menu/main problem

Mystech
09-04-2008, 06:01 AM
Hi guys, i've just started learning html/css a mth ago so my questions are a little noob. Been to both w3c and w3cschools, but their explanations left me a little confused.

I need to do a page sort of like http://www.playbox-creations.com/others.htm where by the menu stays while the rest changes. I was using frames previously and need to know how to do it in xml and CSS. I've looked at iframes and embedded, but doesn't seem to be quite what i need. Can't see how this page did it... Also, is frames valid xml?

Thanx in advance. :)

Mystech
09-04-2008, 09:50 AM
ok, my bad. I was just told that the whole page was reloaded. :D So i guess i would have to do that. If anyone knows of a different way to do this, i would love to heard about it though. :)

codeexploiter
09-04-2008, 10:42 AM
If you have large number of pages and you want to use the same menu in every page, you can try any templating mecahnisms but if you have a small number of page then I think you can embed the menu part in every page

Mystech
09-05-2008, 05:23 AM
LOL i got my design from a graphic designer, so all my menus are slightly different.. so, i have about 20 pgs to do, and its about 4-5 different menus...