PDA

View Full Version : Certain Part of webpage change upon refresh?

stephenjames716
09-03-2008, 05:49 PM
Hello,

Thanks for taking the time to look at my question. What I need to do for a upcoming project is making certain parts of a webpage show up differently after a refresh of the page.

For example, I am going to have a "physician favorites" section of the page with 4 profile pictures, and quotes from physicians. After the page is re-loaded I need to have 4 different pictures and quotes come up.

Any assistance or advice with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Steve

magicyte
09-03-2008, 10:59 PM
Sure. I assume you understand HTML and JavaScript. Just use the onload event so that when the page loads, it puts different images on the site that you have. By the way, please post your script so that I can actually make some code for you.

-magicyte

Nile
09-03-2008, 11:07 PM
I completely get what you want, but not completely. :p Do you want a random "pattern" every time the page loads, or do you want it that the first time the page loads you get "a", and then the second time you get "b". The second way I mentioned would require cookies. So please specify witch one you want.

stephenjames716
09-08-2008, 01:06 PM
I completely get what you want, but not completely. :p Do you want a random "pattern" every time the page loads, or do you want it that the first time the page loads you get "a", and then the second time you get "b". The second way I mentioned would require cookies. So please specify witch one you want.

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. Basically I would like to have "a" when you load the page, and upon refresh the same section of the site would then display "b".

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve

brentnicholas
09-08-2008, 09:34 PM
You could always use a random seed to mix up your database results set provided these Dr.'s are stored in a db. But it would be random, you'll get dupes on occasion depending on the num of records.

Using a cookie will allow you to know where you've been and where you want to go with moving through your data set.

What application engine are you using?

BN