PDA

View Full Version : AnyLink Drop Down Menu as .css or .js?

Mickey Flores
09-02-2008, 09:50 AM
1) Script Title: AnyLink Drop Down Menu

2) Script URL (on DD): (http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/dropmenuindex.htm)

3) Describe problem: I've used this script in my home page and it work perfectly. my problem is: I want to use this script to act like a css to link to all my webpages so that i would just have to modify just the main file if i have to add/modify a link. I tried saving it as .js and .css but I can't make it work. Please help:)

What I'm trying to achieve is like the way how autodesk.com
have their dropdown menu.

codeexploiter
09-02-2008, 10:27 AM
I've made a demo page the way you've mentioned in which you just have to link the JS and CSS files to a page and automatically the link(s) will be inserted into the page. But you can use the concept I've used in my pages. I've used the demo page of the Anylink Drop Down menu, with minimal functionality so you have to modify the JS according to your needs..

Unzip the attached file, keep the files together and browser 'alddm.htm' page

hope this helps

Mickey Flores
09-02-2008, 08:27 PM
This is exactly what I'm looking for, Thank you very much!
I just have one question though, is it possible or how can I put this section:

document.write('<a href="default.htm" onClick="return clickreturnvalue()" onMouseover="dropdownmenu(this, event, menu1, \'150px\')" onMouseout="delayhidemenu()">Web Design</a> | <a href="default2.htm" onClick="return dropdownmenu(this, event, menu2, \'200px\')" onMouseout="delayhidemenu()">News Sites</a> (onclick)');

on "alddm.htm" not all my pages have the same design and link position so I need the the links to be on the actual page, is this possible?