PDA

View Full Version : flash-php-mysql login problem

mojobullfrog
08-30-2008, 04:05 AM
Hi there,

I have encountered some problems with a flash/php/mysql login system I want to use on a new site of mine. Locally, on my computer, it seems to work fine, but when testing remotely on various browsers, when the submit button is pressed, the user remains on the login page (with the URL on the status bar endlessly flickering/looping) without redirecting to the 'account.php' page. I've listed the basic components below.

The swf is embedded in the html using F-Fix.js and swfobject.js scripts. Could this be the problem? There's no problem communicating from the swf to the php script and back again, because error messages appear correctly when the wrong combinations of username/password are entered. It's just not redirecting correctly. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers!

1. MAIN FLASH TIMELINE (FRAME 1)

this.onEnterFrame = function () {
if(_root.checklog == 1){
getURL("account.php");
}
}

2. SUBMIT BUTTON

on (release, keyPress "<Enter>") {
if (username != "" && pass != "") {
loadVariablesNum("login_check.php", 0, "POST");
}
}

3. LOGIN_CHECK.PHP SCRIPT

// function to check database to look for username and password combination and then assign each to a new session variable (this works fine)

print "checklog=1";
die();

JShor
08-30-2008, 09:54 PM
Move this message to another foru,since it doesn't contain any actual PHP; Try the flash subject.