PDA

View Full Version : website centering issue...

designer_80
08-29-2008, 08:27 PM
So the site is live... and the iframes are working well... but for some reason the pages are not totally centered on some browsers. (IE..) Its fine in Firefox, I would appreciate any insight.
http://www.ayakitchens.com

*Also, I changed the title tags for a couple pages but google still shows the old ones?

Thanks

Medyman
08-30-2008, 03:32 PM
So the site is live... and the iframes are working well... but for some reason the pages are not totally centered on some browsers. (IE..) Its fine in Firefox, I would appreciate any insight.

To the table tag with background="../../images/bg_page.jpg", add the highlighted:

<table width="952" border="0" align="center" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" background="../../images/bg_page.jpg" style="margin:0 auto;">

Also, I changed the title tags for a couple pages but google still shows the old ones?
The change isn't instantaneous. You'll have to wait until Google indexes your site again.

Great design by the way. I could do w/o the table-based layout, but well executed.

designer_80
09-03-2008, 12:22 PM
Medyman,
I gave it a try but still nothing, not centering in IE...

BLiZZaRD
09-03-2008, 02:45 PM
Because margins in IE are different than FF, to combat the issue you must declare a "make no difference" for margins.

add this to the top of your CSS, before the body { element:

* {
margin: 0px;
padding: 0px;
}

designer_80
09-19-2008, 08:37 PM
Sorry,
I got sidetracked Blizzard, I'm going to give it a try... hope it works.