PDA

View Full Version : IE7 Bug with Simple Tree Menu

davechl
08-26-2008, 09:59 PM
1) Script Title: Simple Tree Menu

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/navigate1.htm

3) Describe problem: Hi, first of all, great tree!!! I'm not too familiar with scripting, so I'm having a bit of a trouble fixing the following 2 issues (1 bug, 1 question).

1. When I run the tree menu file in IE7, I get the following prompt:

Runtime error

Error: 'document.geElementByID(...)' is null or not an object

I dismiss the prompt and it works fine, but it's annoying that it'll appear everytime the file loads. I haven't modified the script and files at all, so everything is still as instructed. Please advice. :)

2. What defines the white space before the entire tree? The "Expand All | Collapse All" links will show up against the edge of the window, but the tree starts out already indented about 40 or 50px from the left. Where can I edit to adjust that space (move the entire tree closer to the left)?

ddadmin
08-27-2008, 08:40 AM
Regarding #1, since the script on the DD demo page does work correctly with no error prompts in IE7, it should be something specific to your page. Please post a link to the page on your site that contains the problematic script so we can check it out.

Regarding #2, there are other ways like always in CSS, but one method to remove the overall indentation would be to add the following rule to the default .css file of the script:

.treeview{
position: relative;
left: -40px;
}