PDA

View Full Version : Windows hangs on start up

Creative_Savy1
08-26-2008, 08:36 AM
I am using Windows XP sp3 with Dual Core Processor(1.3 Ghz each) with 1 gb of ram My windows is not working properly. it hangs up when "Welcome screen" or Login screen of windows pops up.
I have restarted it a lot time but this problem is not resolving. Can anyone suggest me any simple solutions.

mburt
08-26-2008, 08:38 AM
What do you mean by it 'hangs up'?

Master_script_maker
08-26-2008, 04:15 PM
do you have an amd processor?

Nightfire
08-27-2008, 03:09 AM
That's a feature :)

Does it go past that screen if you boot up in safe mode?

Creative_Savy1
08-29-2008, 06:56 AM
Go in safe mode and check for virus using your updated antivirus system
may be it could help.

maneetpuri
09-18-2008, 12:48 PM
I am using Windows XP sp3 with Dual Core Processor(1.3 Ghz each) with 1 gb of ram My windows is not working properly. it hangs up when "Welcome screen" or Login screen of windows pops up.
I have restarted it a lot time but this problem is not resolving. Can anyone suggest me any simple solutions.

This problem is related with SP3.

Boot your system in safe mode by pressing F8 key at first screen comes after power on.

you have to restore your windows to previous restore point to do that

- Click on 'NO' button when a message shown at first screen on desktop in safe mode.
- After that a system restore wizard will open and select restroe your computer to a previous restore point

- click next now select the restore point which was created before the installation of service pack 3 and click on next now this wizard will reboot your system and will restore your previous SP2 settings.

and hopefully your hang up problem will resolve.

Lexolution IT Services
Professional Web Development Company (http://www.lexolutionit.com)