PDA

View Full Version : winamp now playing script

djsepi
07-02-2005, 01:00 PM
where i can get script to my homepage that show what song i'm listening in winamp?

sorry bad english :(

Twey
07-02-2005, 01:33 PM
Use http://amip.tools-for.net/index.php?content=about and a server-side script.

Don_Nizz
07-04-2005, 05:59 AM
plss help me... do you know a scipt that can play music,videos or even downloading it from my website??

Twey
07-04-2005, 05:27 PM
You don't need a script.
Just upload and link to download it. For anything else, you want to use the <object> tag. You can get some good tutorials here (http://www.google.com/).

IanMarlowe
07-05-2005, 04:58 AM
hey, how do you make a link to download something from your site? I have been working on a buissness site, and need to make it so people can download a calander.

*sigh* (The calander sounds stupid, doesn't it? Too bad. I tmakes perfect sense for what i'm doing)

any language will work. Just no .php

jscheuer1
07-05-2005, 05:34 AM
What kind of file is this calendar?

IanMarlowe
07-05-2005, 06:22 AM
.html

you know, it's so people know what my buissness is doing for the month. You know, specials, holidays, etc...

jscheuer1
07-05-2005, 06:39 AM
You could tell them to save the page. You could make a word or pdf file equivalent. Best bet to get their browsers to automatically give them an option to download would be to make a .zip file of it. Then all you need is a link to the file in your html code. Pdf files are the second most likely to give the option to download. Is the calendar all html code or are there images and/or javascript, other media? If it is strict html code, providing a link to it and advising them to right click and 'save as' will do the trick. There are special ways to construct links to make the chances of download options being presented to the user more likely but, they are not 100% reliable. Just about anything can be overridden in the browser's configuration.

IanMarlowe
07-05-2005, 06:43 AM
well, there is 1 picture in it: our logo.

jscheuer1
07-05-2005, 06:52 AM
A pdf might be the way to go then. There is another consideration. Are most or all of the clients for the site on broadband and always connected to the internet or intranet (if this is one) while their computers are on? In that case, just tell them to bookmark it or drag it to their desktop.

IanMarlowe
07-05-2005, 06:55 AM
well, the site will be up and running in a few weeks--on the web, and on our LAN, hooked up with the e-mail.

IanMarlowe
07-05-2005, 07:47 AM
Thanks, I did what you said, and it worked!
I tested it first with a word document, then a .txt, then a .pdf, and a .zip.

THEY ALL WORKED! thx