PDA

View Full Version : Advanced Image Gallery

kpsony
08-20-2008, 11:04 PM
I'm not a programmer, but can manipulate code pretty easily once its written for me. Anyway, what I'm looking to do is have a script that will take every image in a select folder, create thumbnails at a specified size, then display them on a page with a larger preview version (its for a photography site). ideally, i'd be able to drop any number of images into a folder, with whatever name, and they would show up on my page in a list of thumbnails with ability to be shown larger on the right side. That make sense? i can pretty much figure out most of it, i just need someone to help me with the importing/resizing of the images for the thumbnail gallery.

any help would be great. Thanks!

JShor
08-21-2008, 02:37 AM
you can't manipulate images using javascript. i suggest using php. please review what you CANNOT do with javascript .

kpsony
08-21-2008, 04:55 PM
I'm not trying to manipulate the images, per se, but cropping/resizing them. I know you can do that with Javascript, right?

DigitalBard
08-21-2008, 08:00 PM
I'm not trying to manipulate the images, per se, but cropping/resizing them. I know you can do that with Javascript, right?

No, you can't with JavaScript. There are things you can do with JAVA, but not JavaScript.

Web sites where you see image manipulation tools (Flickr's resizing, cropping, rotating, etc..) is done both in Java and back end PhP code.

kpsony
08-22-2008, 05:24 PM
Then how does the galleria (http://devkick.com/lab/galleria/) image gallery do it? I know it can be php because my host doesnt support php.