PDA

View Full Version : Help Needed with validation script

jdubie
08-20-2008, 07:03 PM
I am looking of help with this page. www.picturesonline4u.com/test/report.htm

I would like people to enter either the phone or address and description of problem.

So i need some kind of validation script or other? I am really not sure.

Please HELP

Payment via paypal

rangana
08-21-2008, 02:10 AM
We could make a phone validation to allow only numbers,space and hyphen.

But the address validation is a bit difficult, we don't have a fix format. We can however strip leading spaces and verify if it has value and at least a good number of characters. (possibly 10-15 characters).

I can do this provided the above limitation. Please drop me a pm.

Medyman
08-21-2008, 01:22 PM
As Rangana said, real address validation isn't a simple task. There are ways to do it, of course. But, the options are costlier (often charging per "hit" instead of a one-time fee).

Master_script_maker
08-21-2008, 09:39 PM
i suggest you change the one big address to 3 inputs: address, city, state/province*, and a drop down: country. this would make it a lot easier for validation and in my opinion it looks more professional.
*the state/province field could be a input or a drop down, it's just a matter of preference, and it would be optional depending on the country.

Jammin Web Design
01-05-2009, 04:27 PM
I am looking of help with this page. www.picturesonline4u.com/test/report.htm

I would like people to enter either the phone or address and description of problem.

So i need some kind of validation script or other? I am really not sure.

Please HELP

Payment via paypal

I can help you for free.
My email is mphillips@jamminwebdesign.com

Look forward to hearing from you, matthew

JHDynamics
02-20-2009, 03:08 PM
The easiest way to do this is to make them validate an email. The best way is to show random codes that are images. I could do this for no charge considering it is not a very large job for me.