PDA

View Full Version : Plz help me

River Of Tears
07-01-2005, 08:04 PM
i have forum but i want any members or anybody can`t Save As Page & view My Source Plzzzzzzzzzzz :( :( :(

jscheuer1
07-01-2005, 08:28 PM
Take the page down. That is the only way.

Twey
07-01-2005, 08:58 PM
Agreed.

River Of Tears
07-02-2005, 12:02 AM
Plz Help

jscheuer1
07-02-2005, 01:13 AM
Need more convincing? Look at this:

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/forums/showthread.php?p=11401

I might add that your page's text can also be accessed via the cache directory. The very nature of the internet is publication. That means to make public. Once something is made public, it can be copied. Nothing you can do about it. That is what copyright laws are for. If you feel your copyright has been violated, sue. I would be willing to venture that your content isn't so special anyway, though I could be wrong about that. Most of what is on the web is worthless unless used as a part of an overall concept enterprise. If you are publishing literary works or proprietary information, supply only parts of it. Images, show only low quality representations. If folks want to buy your full content then they will have to make arrangements with you.

cr3ative
07-02-2005, 06:37 AM
I also agree with the above - and we had a rather bodacious argument with "htmlblock" on the subject, which ended up in him throwing a tantrum and our concepts being proven correct.

cr3ative

Twey
07-02-2005, 09:52 AM
Yes. Sorry, but you just can't prevent plain text from being viewed. The only possible way is (as htmlblock tried to do) to use a plugin, which is really pointless and you might as well just write a new browser without an option to view source while you're at it.
And even then it wouldn't be totally impossible to get images, text, &c., as they'd have to be transferred to a readable format at some point, unless you decided to come up with a new character set and image format.
If you decide to go this far, you're insane. What's more, it still wouldn't be totally impossible to decode.