}
and so on

My Html code looks

<ul class="glossymenu">
<li class="current"><a href="Modify.aspx"><b>Modify</b></a></li>
<li ><a href="Update.aspx"><b>Update</b></a></li>
<li ><a href="Export.aspx"><b>Export</b></a></li>

</ul>

Currently Modify is the page which is selected and tabbed. That is Modify will be tabbed and blue & Glossy as i have chosen blue glossy image. Other links will be grey and not selected .
BUT
When i click on another link like Update I want the Update link to be tabbed and blue & Glossy, Exportand Modify Links should be grey or not selected
SIMILARLY
When i click on another link like Export I want the Export link to be tabbed and blue & Glossy, Update and Modify Links should be grey or not selected

HOW CAN I ACHIEVE THIS? I am new to CSS?

Thanks
Roger

ddadmin
08-15-2008, 09:48 PM
Warning: Please include a link to the DD script in question in your post. See this thread (http://www.dynamicdrive.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6) for the proper posting format when asking a question.

rogerford
08-21-2008, 07:53 PM
The link to the DD Menu is

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/style/csslibrary/item/glossy_horizontal_menu/

Let me know if this answers the Questions

Roger

ddadmin
08-22-2008, 04:24 AM
If you mean have the menu item corresponding to the current page be selected when you click on it, you can't do this automatically in CSS. The menu uses the ".current" CSS class to highlight a particular menu item, but you need to either manually add it inside the desired menu item, or use server side scripting to determine which menu item should have that class added based on the current page. But CSS itself can't do that.

bobmac
12-11-2008, 06:04 AM
use server side scripting to determine which menu item should have that class added based on the current page. But CSS itself can't do that.

This is getting close to a problem that I am having. How do you use server side scripting? How does this work?:confused:

BTW, I'm a designer, not a coder. That's why I use DD scripts.:D The site that I'm referring to is a dot net site and the menus are located in a master page, not each individual page.