PDA

View Full Version : Ajax Tabs Content script - Hide external link

Lucifix
08-13-2008, 10:19 AM
1) Script Title: Ajax Tabs Content script

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/ajaxtabscontent/

3) Describe problem: Hide external link

I would like to hide external link when they go with mouse over tabs.

jscheuer1
08-13-2008, 02:25 PM
In the script replace the expandtab:function(tabref) with this one:

expandtab:function(tabref){
var relattrvalue=tabref.getAttribute("rel").split('::')[0];
//Get "rev" attr as a string of IDs in the format ",john,george,trey,etc," to easy searching through
var associatedrevids=(tabref.getAttribute("rev"))? ","+tabref.getAttribute("rev").replace(/\s+/, "")+"," : ""
if (relattrvalue=="#default")
document.getElementById(this.contentdivid).innerHTML=this.defaultHTML
else if (relattrvalue=="#iframe")
this.iframedisplay(tabref.getAttribute("rel").split('::')[1], this.contentdivid)
else
ddajaxtabs.connect(tabref.getAttribute("rel").split('::')[1], this)
this.expandrevcontent(associatedrevids)
for (var i=0; i<this.tabs.length; i++){ //Loop through all tabs, and assign only the selected tab the CSS class "selected"
this.getselectedClassTarget(this.tabs[i]).className=(this.tabs[i].getAttribute("href")==tabref.getAttribute("href"))? "selected" : ""
}
if (this.enabletabpersistence) //if persistence enabled, save selected tab position(int) relative to its peers
ddajaxtabs.setCookie(this.tabinterfaceid, tabref.tabposition)
this.setcurrenttabindex(tabref.tabposition) //remember position of selected tab within hottabspositions[] array
},

and replace the init:function(automodeperiod) with this one:

init:function(automodeperiod){
var persistedtab=ddajaxtabs.getCookie(this.tabinterfaceid) //get position of persisted tab (applicable if persistence is enabled)
var selectedtab=-1 //Currently selected tab index (-1 meaning none)
var selectedtabfromurl=this.urlparamselect(this.tabinterfaceid) //returns null or index from: tabcontent.htm?tabinterfaceid=index
this.automodeperiod=automodeperiod || 0
this.defaultHTML=document.getElementById(this.contentdivid).innerHTML
for (var i=0; i<this.tabs.length; i++){
this.tabs[i].tabposition=i //remember position of tab relative to its peers
if (this.tabs[i].getAttribute("rel")){
var tabinstance=this
this.tabs[i].rel = this.tabs[i].rel + '::' + this.tabs[i].href;
this.tabs[i].href = 'javascript:ajaxTabs();';
this.hottabspositions[this.hottabspositions.length]=i //store position of "hot" tab ("rel" attr defined) relative to its peers
this.tabs[i].onclick=function(){
tabinstance.expandtab(this)
tabinstance.cancelautorun() //stop auto cycling of tabs (if running)
return false
}
if (this.tabs[i].getAttribute("rev")){ //if "rev" attr defined, store each value within "rev" as an array element
this.revcontentids=this.revcontentids.concat(this.tabs[i].getAttribute("rev").split(/\s*,\s*/))
}
if (selectedtabfromurl==i || this.enabletabpersistence && selectedtab==-1 && parseInt(persistedtab)==i || !this.enabletabpersistence && selectedtab==-1 && this.getselectedClassTarget(this.tabs[i]).className=="selected"){
selectedtab=i //Selected tab index, if found
}
}
} //END for loop
if (selectedtab!=-1) //if a valid default selected tab index is found
this.expandtab(this.tabs[selectedtab]) //expand selected tab (either from URL parameter, persistent feature, or class="selected" class)
else //if no valid default selected index found
this.expandtab(this.tabs[this.hottabspositions[0]]) //Just select first tab that contains a "rel" attr
if (parseInt(this.automodeperiod)>500 && this.hottabspositions.length>1){
this.autoruntimer=setInterval(function(){tabinstance.autorun()}, this.automodeperiod)
}
} //END int() function

Lucifix
08-13-2008, 08:34 PM
Thanks for help, but I don't think it's working. With this modification external site doesn't show.

jscheuer1
08-13-2008, 09:45 PM
You may have to unescape the rev value to which I had added the href to conceal it at various points. I tested the code with same site links both iframe and AJAX methods and it was fine locally, but live links and their surrounding text sometimes get escaped automatically by the browser. If that's the problem, let's try:

var relattrvalue=unescape(tabref.getAttribute("rel")).split('::')[0];
//Get "rev" attr as a string of IDs in the format ",john,george,trey,etc," to easy searching through
var associatedrevids=(tabref.getAttribute("rev"))? ","+tabref.getAttribute("rev").replace(/\s+/, "")+"," : ""
this.iframedisplay(unescape(tabref.getAttribute("rel")).split('::')[1], this.contentdivid)
else
ddajaxtabs.connect(unescape(tabref.getAttribute("rel")).split('::')[1], this)
for (var i=0; i<this.tabs.length; i++){ //Loop through all tabs, and assign only the selected tab the CSS class "selected"
this.getselectedClassTarget(this.tabs[i]).className=(this.tabs[i].getAttribute("href")==tabref.getAttribute("href"))? "selected" : ""
}
if (this.enabletabpersistence) //if persistence enabled, save selected tab position(int) relative to its peers
this.setcurrenttabindex(tabref.tabposition) //remember position of selected tab within hottabspositions[] array
},

for the expandtab:function(tabref) function.

Lucifix
08-18-2008, 10:19 AM
Almost done :)

But now the selected tab is not showing as selected.

You can check it here:
http://www.slo-foto.net/galerija.html

jscheuer1
08-18-2008, 12:57 PM
OK, this should be the final revisions. The href was used in some cases to determine the selected tab. I've changed that in the expandtab to use the unescaped rel, and in the init function to check before it changes the href. Use these functions in place of the ones of the same names:

var relattrvalue=unescape(tabref.getAttribute("rel")).split('::')[0];
this.iframedisplay(unescape(tabref.getAttribute("rel")).split('::')[1], this.contentdivid)
else
ddajaxtabs.connect(unescape(tabref.getAttribute("rel")).split('::')[1], this)
this.getselectedClassTarget(this.tabs[i]).className=(unescape(this.tabs[i].getAttribute("rel"))==unescape(tabref.getAttribute("rel")))? "selected" : ""
}
},

init:function(automodeperiod){
var persistedtab=ddajaxtabs.getCookie(this.tabinterfaceid) //get position of persisted tab (applicable if persistence is enabled)
var selectedtab=-1 //Currently selected tab index (-1 meaning none)
var selectedtabfromurl=this.urlparamselect(this.tabinterfaceid) //returns null or index from: tabcontent.htm?tabinterfaceid=index
this.automodeperiod=automodeperiod || 0
this.defaultHTML=document.getElementById(this.contentdivid).innerHTML
for (var i=0; i<this.tabs.length; i++){
this.tabs[i].tabposition=i //remember position of tab relative to its peers
if (this.tabs[i].getAttribute("rel")){
var tabinstance=this
if (selectedtabfromurl==i || this.enabletabpersistence && selectedtab==-1 && parseInt(persistedtab)==i || !this.enabletabpersistence && selectedtab==-1 && this.getselectedClassTarget(this.tabs[i]).className=="selected"){
selectedtab=i //Selected tab index, if found
}
this.tabs[i].rel = this.tabs[i].rel + '::' + this.tabs[i].href;
this.tabs[i].href = 'javascript:ajaxTabs();';
this.hottabspositions[this.hottabspositions.length]=i //store position of "hot" tab ("rel" attr defined) relative to its peers
this.tabs[i].onclick=function(){
tabinstance.expandtab(this)
tabinstance.cancelautorun() //stop auto cycling of tabs (if running)
return false
}
if (this.tabs[i].getAttribute("rev")){ //if "rev" attr defined, store each value within "rev" as an array element
this.revcontentids=this.revcontentids.concat(this.tabs[i].getAttribute("rev").split(/\s*,\s*/))
}
}
} //END for loop
if (selectedtab!=-1) //if a valid default selected tab index is found
this.expandtab(this.tabs[selectedtab]) //expand selected tab (either from URL parameter, persistent feature, or class="selected" class)
else //if no valid default selected index found
this.expandtab(this.tabs[this.hottabspositions[0]]) //Just select first tab that contains a "rel" attr
if (parseInt(this.automodeperiod)>500 && this.hottabspositions.length>1){
this.autoruntimer=setInterval(function(){tabinstance.autorun()}, this.automodeperiod)
}
} //END int() function

Lucifix
08-18-2008, 01:03 PM
Hurey! You've done it ;)

Thanks alot!!!