PDA

View Full Version : Jims DHTML Menu

sibbo
08-07-2008, 10:29 PM
1) Script Title: Jim's DHTML Menu v5.7

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/jimmenu/index.htm

3) Describe problem: I am setting up a website and I have fixed the header and the footer to appear on the page at all times and the content scrolls in between them, I have achieved this through CSS, but after adding Jims Script to my page (which by the way is an excellent little program) when the content scrolls the menu scrolls with it, I want the menu to appear with the header at all times and not scroll at all.

Can any one help at all or point me in the direction of a script which does the same and looks the same but can be positioned within a div tag.

Cheers in advance
Mr Scott Sibson MCITP

Nile
08-08-2008, 01:14 PM
Why don't you give it a fixed position like you did with the header?

sibbo
08-08-2008, 02:05 PM
Hi Nile,

I would, but this script doesn't actually have anything in the HTML file except for the 'onload="init()" which has been placed in the <body> tag, everything else is set in the config.js file including the positions, which is fine and works perfectly except for the fact that it scrolls when the content scrolls. Not even sure if I can fix the position of this if I could contain it within the DIV that holds my header that would be cool, but I don't think I can. Any advise.

Cheers
Sibbo

Nile
08-08-2008, 09:46 PM
Sorry, I didn't notice that when I posted. Try the idea you had.

TheJoshMan
08-08-2008, 10:03 PM
if you look inside the folder "includes" which came with the menu package... You'll find a script "dom-build.js"

You can try modifying the position of self and child elements in that script as they are defined as "absolute" at the moment.

I would strongly suggest however, that you back up the original file because you may want to go back to the way it was.

sibbo
08-09-2008, 09:10 PM
Hi Nyne Lyvez,

Tried changing the absolutes to relatives and even fixed but still no joy, the problem is definately that I can't get the menu to sit within the div that I have for the header, it will only appear on the body ie the main content,but this isn't where I want it to be as it scrolls when the content scrolls, I have found a css based menu which is similar, nut if any one has any ideas on how to fix this I would appreciate it as I really do like this menu syste.

Cheers
Sibbo