PDA

View Full Version : Needing help changing my php form into running total

newgurl
08-05-2008, 01:06 AM
Hi I have tried to add running total with various javascript but when there are drop down boxes and multi lots of checkboxes - javascript stops calculating correctly. The page is: http://www.visnetmedia.com/quote.php

Hope someone has some ideas - I am going to put it into a session to echo the result and ask if they want to proceed with the process. I figure this will be a much better system of service to my customers.
Thanks in advance.

rangana
08-05-2008, 01:11 AM
The post was in the PHP section and your description says the problem has something to do with Javascript.

Anyway, could you please explain a little further on what the problem is? Also, please make it a point to state what's the expected (end) result.

newgurl
08-05-2008, 03:04 AM
Hi - yes I want to have a running total with php but I know you have to incorporate a little javascript with it - but I need to calculate a total and place it at the end of the session.
Thanks for helping...

If you look at the link you will see I have the php validating form it doesn't calculate. I previously tried with javascript but doesn't work. I also tried placing it into the database but that wasn't working either. I prefer to keep the form php but I know others incorporate a little javascript to get a running total.
Thanks