PDA

View Full Version : IE7 and IE6 z-index issue with Dynamic Drive Content Slider

BumpStop
08-04-2008, 11:19 PM
We are having issues with our current menu drop downs showing behind the Content Slider (http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/featuredcontentslider.htm) content.

Here is my test page. What I have added is the content slider code in the middle of the body. The pull down menus are behind the content in IE6 and IE7. It works great in Firefox when we changed the pull downs menu.css to a z-index of 10 or more.

How do we fix for IE7 or IE6?

PAGES REMOVED AS THEY WERE TEMPORARY

The rotator div tag effected is <contentdiv>, but setting a z-index to a -1 on these doesn't do anything.

Thanks for any pointers!
Garrett

TheJoshMan
08-05-2008, 01:13 AM
I'm no javascript guru, but just skimming through the code you're using... this is the first thing that jumps out at me...

setting.contentdivs[turntopage-1].style.zIndex=++setting.topzindex

ddadmin
08-05-2008, 05:21 AM
This is really a z-index issue with the CSS menu you're using actually, and not with Featured Content Slider per say. In your CSS, I'd try and give the "#navigation" ID a high z-index to see if that fixes the problem:

.navigation {
position:relative; /* establish a menu-relative positioning context */
float:left; /* play nicely with others */
margin: -15px 7px;
z-index: 1000;
padding:0;
border:0;
height: inherit; /* the menu's overall height */
width:100%; /* we always want our menu to fill the available space */
/*background:#f3f3f3;*/
font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size:12px; /* this (and also below) sets the menu's font size */
/* border-bottom:1px solid black; give us a black border underneath */
}

BumpStop
08-05-2008, 03:28 PM
Hi,

We tried almost everything but that. Looks like it was simple as that. We had to adjust other z-index items on the page (poll and survey) that pops up as changing this put this above the rest of the items. No big deal. Problem solved.

Thanks for the wonderful content slider.

Garrett