PDA

View Full Version : Swiss Army Z-index?

Bribunk
08-04-2008, 06:37 PM
1) Script Title: Swiss Army Image Slideshow

2) Script URL (on DD): http://dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex14/swissarmy/index.htm

3) Describe problem: I have successfully implemented this script on my page and it works mostly the way I want it to. The problem I have with it is that it shows up on top of my dropdown menu in IE only (suckertree menu: www.dynamicdrive.com/style/csslibrary/item/suckertree-menu-horizontal/). I've tried to use z-index values in my CSS code and in my divs, but it didn't do anything. I have this problem in IE 6 and 7. Any thoughts?

jscheuer1
08-05-2008, 10:33 AM
I wrote Swiss Army, but am unfamiliar with SuckerTree (who decided to call a script Sucker? - I know, it came from the 'famous' SuckerFish code which had as its examples various fish of the sucker variety, but still). Anyways, with luck, you can do this in your stylesheet:

.suckertreemenu * {
position:relative;
z-index:100;
}

Do it before the other suckertree styles. As long as that doesn't interfere with the operation of the menu (there's a good chance it will not), it should take care of the problem. Otherwise I would need a link to your page so that I could trace down which specific parts of suckertree need to and can safely have their styles altered.

Bribunk
08-05-2008, 04:25 PM
Great! I see now that this CSS code applies to all the levels of the .suckertreemenu. (i.e. ...ul, ul li, ul li ul, ul li ul li...) It was pretty much a magic bullet. Thanks!