PDA

View Full Version : Need help on the CSS accordion vertical menu

indyrain
07-30-2008, 05:32 PM
I was wondering if there is a way to make one of the accordion menu items stay expanded all the time when someone visits my website. In other words when I go to the website now the menu items with the + symbol stay collapsed until I click on the +. I'd like to have one expanded all the time when someone visits the website.

Thanks!

ddadmin
07-30-2008, 09:01 PM
Are you talking about the Accordion Menu script on DD? Please include a link to the DD script in question in your post. See this thread (http://www.dynamicdrive.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6) for the proper posting format when asking a question.

indyrain
07-31-2008, 02:41 AM
Thank you for your reply ddadmin and I apologize for not reading the posting format.
Script: Glossy Accordion Menu
URL: http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/ddaccordionmenu-glossy.htm

Thanks for you time!

indyrain
08-01-2008, 04:17 PM
Anyone???

ddadmin
08-01-2008, 07:05 PM
If you mean how to have all the headers of the menu expanded by default when the page loads, just specify this in the initialization code:

ddaccordion.init({
headerclass: "submenuheader", //Shared CSS class name of headers group
contentclass: "submenu", //Shared CSS class name of contents group
revealtype: "click", //Reveal content when user clicks or onmouseover the header? Valid value: "click" or "mouseover
collapseprev: false, //Collapse previous content (so only one open at any time)? true/false
defaultexpanded: [0,1,2], //index of content(s) open by default [index1, index2, etc] [] denotes no content
onemustopen: false, //Specify whether at least one header should be open always (so never all headers closed)
animatedefault: false, //Should contents open by default be animated into view?
persiststate: false, //persist state of opened contents within browser session?

Note the lines in red.

indyrain
08-01-2008, 11:52 PM
Thanks for the help. That works great!