PDA

View Full Version : Mozilla & IE graphics differ

tavi0194
07-30-2008, 06:13 AM
So I made a myspace layout & I uploaded everything and have the html for it keep in mind I was using mozilla throughout the whole process. When I was done my graphics looked really good but I go on Internet Explorer a few days later and view my layout and everything is completely spread out idk what's wrong with it it looks perfectly fine on Mozilla but its a complete mess in IE.
Can someone PLEASE help me with this I've been trying to find out what's the problem but no luck. :confused:

Nile
07-30-2008, 02:33 PM
Its probably a problem with your margin and/or your padding. IE and Firefox don't have the same... (from what I know)
Can you please post a link to your page or give us the code, we can then help you with that data.

tavi0194
07-31-2008, 08:30 PM
<style>
body {
background-color: rgb(0, 0, 0);
background-image: url(http://i36.tinypic.com/i19me1.jpg);
background-position: center center;
background-repeat: repeat;
background-attachment: fixed;
}
table, tr, td {
background-color: transparent;
border: 0px;
}
</style> <style>
table table {
border: 0px;
}
table table table table{
border:0px;
}
table table table {
border-width: 0px;
border-color: rgb(0, 0, 0);
border-style: outset;
background-color: transparent;
}
table table table td {
background-color: rgb(0, 0, 0);
}
table table table table td {
filter:none;
}</style> <style>
body, div, span, td, p, .orangetext15, .whitetext12, .lightbluetext8, strong, b, u, .redtext, .redbtext, .btext, .text, .nametext, .blacktext10, .blacktext12 {
font-family: Trebuchet MS;
font-size: 12px;
color: rgb(224, 214, 59);
font-weight: normal;
font-style: normal;
text-decoration: none;
}
.nametext {
padding: 5px;
font-family: Verdana;
font-size: 0px;
color: rgb(0,0,0);
font-weight: bold;
display: block;
}
.whitetext10, .orangetext15 {
font-family: Verdana;
font-size: 12px;
}
a.navbar:link, a.navbar:active, a.navbar:visited, a.navbar:hover, a.man:link, a.man:active, a.man:visited, a.man:hover, a, a:link, a:active, a:visited, a:hover, a.navbar:link, a.navbar:active, a.navbar:visited, a.navbar:hover, a.text:link, a.text:active, a.text:visited, a.text:hover, a.searchlinksmall:link, a.searchlinksmall:active, a.searchlinksmall:visited, a.searchlinksmall:hover, a.redlink:link, a.redlink:active, a.redlink:visited, a.redlink:hover {
}
a.navbar:hover, a.man:hover, a:hover {
text-decoration: underline;
}
.badge {
position: absolute;
left: 1px;
top: 1px;
}
</style> <style>
.nametext {display:block; font-size:0%; width:100%;

background-image:url(http://i34.tinypic.com/15s10fd.jpg);

background-position:center center; background-repeat: no-repeat; height:144px; margin:0px;

padding:0px;}
</style> <style>
.blacktext12 {
font-family: Arial; font-size: 0px; color: 000000;}
span.blacktext12 {
background-color: transparent; background-image: url('http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g140/winterspast0118/NetworkBanner3.jpg'); width: 435px; height: 200px; display: block;
</style>

tavi0194
08-02-2008, 04:12 AM
*bump*

TheJoshMan
08-02-2008, 04:37 AM
MySpace has so many "strippers" in place, that I don't know if they will allow you to put this, but try and add this to your code before any other <style> tags...

<style type="text/css">
* {
margin: 0 !important;
padding: 0 !important;
}
</style>

tavi0194
08-03-2008, 09:27 AM
nope =(.
someone please find out how to fix it

TheJoshMan
08-03-2008, 10:31 PM
Well honestly, it's a little hard to find the errors if we can only see the CSS. We need to be able to see the HTML as well.

mburt
08-03-2008, 10:33 PM
Well honestly, it's a little hard to find the errors if we can only see the CSS. We need to be able to see the HTML as well.

I'm guessing the myspace layout only allows you to access the stylesheet on the site.

TheJoshMan
08-03-2008, 10:38 PM
yea, MySpace is a royal pain. They allow you to enter CSS and HTML into textareas on the "edit profile" page. Which if you put the CSS above the HTML, then for all intents and purposes, it will allow you to do "whatever" you want with your page... Except anything decent! LOL

They have so many code and tag strippers, that it's nearly impossible to make a decent looking layout anymore, so I quit trying. You have to go through a normal MySpace profile and check and find ALL the different ID's and Classes used by their stylesheet, then redefine them in your CSS and add "!important" to the end of each attribute so that you can override it.

It truly is a gargantuan mess....

mburt
08-03-2008, 10:43 PM
It truly is a gargantuan mess....

It sounds like it. I would prefer making a site without the use of some external service, like MySpace. ;)

TheJoshMan
08-03-2008, 10:44 PM
yea, I really don't understand why people get so addicted to things like MySpace and Facebook and Xanga... Even my wife is caught up in it. Ugghh...

mburt
08-03-2008, 10:45 PM
Haha I guess it's the "social networking" aspect of it. Whether the code is horribly formed or not :P

TheJoshMan
08-03-2008, 10:49 PM
I suppose.

tavi0194
08-04-2008, 05:53 AM
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=251285182
that's my url i tried posting the page source but it's too long to post it in this thread

TheJoshMan
08-04-2008, 08:52 PM
Well Tavi, I have two suggestions.

One: Make your profile not private so that we can see the actual profile to fix it

Two: If you prefer not to "un private" the profile, take the same css and html you entered in the "about me" and "i'd like to meet" and so on, and make another profile and give us the link so that we will be able to fix it.

Either way, seeing the default MySpace generated content doesn't get us any closer to resolving your issue. We'll need to see the actual DIV overlay you're using.

TheJoshMan
08-04-2008, 08:53 PM
Also, seeing as how this is a "padding/margin" issue... If any admin views this post... It should probably be moved to "CSS"

tavi0194
08-05-2008, 09:49 AM
i already have different profile i use for the html & to see previews of how my profile looks like
myspace conditions won't let me show my profile so view my testing profile

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=77910843

thanks guys

Medyman
08-06-2008, 02:03 AM
For a little inspiration/guidance: Hacking A More Tasteful MySpace by Mike Davidson (http://www.mikeindustries.com/blog/archive/2006/04/hacking-myspace-layouts)

TheJoshMan
08-06-2008, 05:25 PM
I also found this site very helpful...

http://5thirtyone.com/archives/category/myspace

TheJoshMan
08-07-2008, 05:32 PM
Tavi, I looked deeper into your profile... I could fix it, but it would take some time. Also, it would require a nominal fee. That is definitely beyond the scope of what I do for free.

owenclivet
08-19-2008, 02:45 PM
well i didnt exactly see the problem if they differ
i am mean that doesnt stop its working!