PDA

View Full Version : dropdown menu appearing behind flash object only in Firefox

Briohny12
07-29-2008, 02:57 PM
Hi,

I have a dropdown menu (anylink dropdown menu). It sits horizontally across my page. Under this i have a flash file. The menu works fine (i.e. drops down) in Internet Explorer however it hides behind the flash in Firefox. Any suggestions? I tried changing the z-index to 1000 but with no luck.

jscheuer1
07-29-2008, 03:10 PM
Sounds like you have the wmode param set to transparent for the object tag portion of your Flash that IE uses, but not the wmode attribute for the embed (sometimes a second object, in which case it would also be a param) tag used by FF and others. Here's my general advice on this issue with Flash:

Loosely from:

http://www.macromedia.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=tn_14201

Add in this language to your object/embed tag -

Add the following parameter to the OBJECT tag:

<param name="wmode" value="transparent">

Add the following attribute to the EMBED tag:

wmode="transparent"

Or, if you are using two object tags, as can and is sometimes done, add the param tag to both of them.

If you are using script to generate the tags (as is frequently done to avoid the 'click to activate' feature in some browsers), the wmode transparent must be passed to the script. This is easily accomplished but, varies depending upon the sort of script one uses. Some scripts do it automatically.

If you need more help:

Please post a link to the page on your site that contains the problematic code so we can check it out.

Briohny12
07-29-2008, 04:10 PM
Brilliant! That did the trick. Thanks for you very quick reply... much appreciated. :)