PDA

View Full Version : Daily iframe content II Without the iframes??

siringo
06-26-2005, 07:52 AM
I'm wondering if it possible to somehow use the Daily iframe content II script without using iframes? I know this sounds stupid, but I don't think content within an iframe is readable by search engines?? I'm not sure about this and please corect me if I'm wrong.

I need a script that does exactly what the Daily iframe content II script does, but the content needs to be able to be read by search engines.

Many thanks in advance,
Matt. :)

jscheuer1
06-26-2005, 08:02 AM
This seems a little odd as - why would you want content that changes each day to be read by a search engine in the first place? Anyone who is unlucky enough to surf to your page from a link they find on a search engine for one of these daily contents will likely never see it, unless it happens to be the same day of the month as when it gets displayed. To solve your problem, just have a link on your page to an index of the daily pages. That way folks looking for additional inspiration/information or whatever can peruse them at their leisure. You can still use the iframe script for that dynamic look and the search engines can catalogue your pages in a way accessible to all. Everybody's happy. :)

siringo
06-27-2005, 02:26 AM
You raise some good points, but I was also thinking of changing the rotation from daily to weekly. I'm wanting to provide a regularly updated look to my visitors as well as give the search engines the impression that the page is updated regularly in the hope that they will cme back often o look fo updates.

Can anyone hlp me with how I can change the script to cycle pages weekly instead of daily? I would very greatfully appreciate any help. :)