PDA

View Full Version : difference between fireworks & photoshop

hyk
07-18-2008, 07:12 AM
Can anyone tell me what are the difference of fireworks & photoshop? the 2 programs look similar to me

what things( graphics,drawings etc) can be done & cannot be done in these 2 programs

ropes27
07-18-2008, 05:08 PM
i like photoshop but if you use them for simple stuff the difference is the price!
for adaced stuff photoshop is good but i have only really used fireworks a couple of times.
Hope this helped!

AmenKa
07-18-2008, 05:09 PM
I generally like Fireworks better, but that is because it has a better interface (just my opinion).

What can each one do that the other can not?

djr33
07-18-2008, 11:28 PM
Photoshop is industry standard for photo manipulation.
Fireworks is more limited, but works a little better for graphics design, which is what illustrator is designed for. (Illustrator files then may be converted to photoshop for manipulation, whereas fireworks is generally used by itself.)

Medyman
07-23-2008, 10:48 PM
Digital Web Magazine - Photoshop vs. Firefox (http://www.digital-web.com/articles/photoshop_versus_fireworks/)

Some people might find it interesting.

benslayton
07-25-2008, 09:34 AM
I use fireworks for almost everything. Its great... BUT the thing that I really HATE about it is that you cant use brushes... In my opinion thats what it lacks the most.. But I dont think adobe will ever add that functionality in FW just because they would rather you have PS b/c of the price...

ADOBE, please add brush support to Fireworks...

InsertName
07-25-2008, 11:17 PM
I use fireworks for layout (coordinates for image maps) and exporting different file types while use photoshop for advanced graphic effects.

auntnini
07-26-2008, 12:13 AM
Back in 2000, Macromedia FIREWORKS was my introduction to animated GIFs for the Web. But otherwise, Fireworks seemed more awkward than Adobe PHOTOSHOP so I used Adobe ImageReady (the back-end sister-program of Photoshop) for my animated GIFs.

Then after Adobe gobbled up Macromedia in 2007, they did away with ImageReady -- incorporating its functions directly in Photoshop under Window>Animation. You cannot edit the animated GIFs in Photoshop (used to have to re-open GIFs in ImageReady). Now you would use Adobe Fireworks to edit the animated GIFs (which I have not yet done myself because I did not like Fireworks).

Some of my old animated GIFs can be found at http://www.lineforeline.com.

techno_race
07-27-2008, 06:09 PM
Fireworks doesn't really exist anymore...

owenclivet
08-19-2008, 02:51 PM
yes this is one question i always wanted to ask
thanks to you guys i got help
:)

digitaldesperad
09-28-2008, 09:58 PM
Fireworks isn't made to play with layers...
Fireworks is more for interface & vector design. Photoshop is more for gfx. But , you can do amazing things in both of them.
For example, i totally don't like the "adobe" interface, menus that are not locked in place are quite annoying. But if you're confortable with it, use photoshop. It's all about what you're best with... :)

arithehun
07-17-2009, 11:26 PM
This being the original message:

Photoshop is industry standard for photo manipulation.
Fireworks is more limited, but works a little better for graphics design, which is what illustrator is designed for. (Illustrator files then may be converted to photoshop for manipulation, whereas fireworks is generally used by itself.)

arithehun replies:

Why is fireworks better for graphic design?

dillankid
07-19-2009, 09:17 PM
It's not. I've never heard that before. Photoshop is best for Rasters, Illustrator for Vectors. You can bring them together in Fireworks for web-design graphics. That is the intent of Fireworks. FW can do graphic design, but is really quite limited and is a pain. It's there to mesh your graphics together and make minor changes before putting it into a web-site. In most cases I just do my designs in Photoshop, and if I'm too lazy to code things I'll pull the GFX in to FW and export them into CSS Divs (FW CS4 - I don't think CS3 does CSS.)

arithehun
07-27-2009, 05:17 PM
Here is the original message by techno_race:

Fireworks doesn't really exist anymore...
.+(_)--(_)' The McMurdo 500

To which arithehun replies:

Really?

I don't think it doesn't exist, it's just now useless because Photoshop and Flash combined can accomplish way more.

nighthawks
08-05-2009, 12:14 AM
Fireworks = Vector Graphics
Photoshop = Bitmap Image

We use fireworks for graphic designing and photoshop to design a web layout.

dillankid
08-05-2009, 01:16 AM
Fireworks = Vector Graphics
Photoshop = Bitmap Image

We use fireworks for graphic designing and photoshop to design a web layout.
What are you talking about? Photoshop has a ton more vector capabilities than Fireworks, but neither is a vector program. If you're going to do vectors use Illustrator which is designed for such.

Fireworks is a Web-Design helper with some limited graphic capabilities, Photoshop is a *RASTER* editing program (not bitmap) and Illustrator does vectors.

davelf
08-12-2009, 06:15 AM
same function, designed a web page. Photoshop more specialize with photo manipulation and other creation, firework more specialize on web page component or attributes. :)