PDA

View Full Version : moving images using javascript

hyk
07-18-2008, 05:58 AM
Hi guys, I am just curious. is it possible to create moving* images using javascript. Of course I sure it can be done by using Flash. to create this kind of effect, is there some kind of software out there which can do it?

the moving images i meant are for example avatars images used by people in forums.

I suppose javascript could do it because when you right-click the image, the image will show a long line of options just like an normal image

jscheuer1
07-18-2008, 06:28 AM
Do you mean like drag and drop, or like an animation? For animated avatars, generally an animated .gif works best. To keep the byte load low, it should be small (width and height) and use as few colors and frames as possible. Animated .gif images may be optimized using certain programs. These differ from the usual image optimization programs though.

Drag and drop scripts are pretty widely available. Dynamic Drive has two I believe. Walter Zorn has a pretty good one that has many options.

hyk
07-18-2008, 03:04 PM
I meant an animation kind of stuff

Animated .gif images may be optimized using certain programs. These differ from the usual image optimization programs though.

Can you name some programs which could be used to do these animated .gifs ?

thanks

jscheuer1
07-18-2008, 03:16 PM
The Gimp (http://www.gimp.org/windows/) is free and quite powerful for just about all your image needs. You can probably find tons of possibilities using Google to search for animated gif. I use Jasc software's Paint Shop Pro 7 (an older version)'s Animation Shop. The current version has something similar, but I believe it is sold separately now. Photoshop probably also does this or has a helper program for it. There are probably a number of animated gif specific programs out there as well.

hyk
07-19-2008, 03:04 AM
Thanks for the tip John:)