PDA

View Full Version : “No Right Click” does not work on .jpg pages

mjugend
06-24-2005, 09:34 PM
In my website, when clicking over a thumbnail it will open a larger image of it, since that one is saved as a .jpg the option to save an .htm file to apply the script “No Right Click” does not work. Is it any way around?

Thanks,

MJ

jscheuer1
06-24-2005, 09:53 PM
No right click is worthless, save your time and gray matter for other concerns. Simply disabling javascript temporarily will enable any user with any browser to right click on your text or images until the cows come home. If that's not enough to make them happy, they can do a screen capture and paste into a paint program or access their browser's cache directory and find there an exact copy of your images. More fun for users, get Firefox or NS7.2 - they both allow selective disabling of restrictive scripts like 'no right click'.

IanMarlowe
07-05-2005, 06:46 AM
ha!! There is always a way around things. A crazy user could get a high performance digital camera, aim it straight at his/her flatscreen, and take a picture.

what would you do about that!? *evil laugh*

jscheuer1
07-05-2005, 06:58 AM
I find that I must amend my earlier post. No Right Click is worthless for protecting content. There are laws for that. But, if used for a certain presentational effect, it could be useful. I'm thinking more of a no highlight text script. Someone had an ondblclick function for their page and didn't want the page highlighted at the same time. Very useful for that. I'm sure no right click could have beneficial application.

IanMarlowe
07-05-2005, 07:32 AM
even if you can't highlight it, they can view source, and automatically, they will have the text at there finger tips! or am i incorrect?