PDA

View Full Version : Table width and height in IE and FF

chas
07-15-2008, 03:41 PM
how can i make it so that the width and the height is consistent throughout a table

In particular, IE wont align the TD to the same max height throughout

secondly if is add a width % which in total dont add up to 100% due to the script, does IE leave the space or does it fill the whole table?

TheJoshMan
07-20-2008, 05:30 AM
Please post either the code you are having trouble with, a link to the site it's used on, or both.

jscheuer1
07-20-2008, 02:39 PM
Also, max-height is not supported in IE until IE 7. If that's the problem, a workaround can be devised. If by no other method, then by using IE proprietary expression style. We would still need to see the page to be specific.

chas
07-22-2008, 02:49 PM
http://illusionz.dontexist.net/

hi thanks for replies

on that site are the 3 horizontal "gateways" with subsections: 1 in the first and 3 in the second and 2 in the third

if i take the subsection out of the first pane (by making it private for guests) on that page that first TD is shortened !! and it ruins my layout

on FF it s maintained no matter how long one TD is the others will align, but on IE that wont happen

help please

<table><tr><td>DYNAMIC CONTENT HEIGHT=100</td><td>DYNAMIC CONTENT HEIGHT=200</td></tr></table>

FF will align all TDs at max height=200, but IE wont

riptide
07-24-2008, 12:35 PM
okay why don't you make two tableswith two col. put one under the other it looks like a table with three cols. make the top table have 200px. give the botom table some other with property; the one that has the gateway you want to remove.

that may work but it's messy.