PDA

View Full Version : Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 Update Question

gcacal
07-14-2008, 03:36 AM
My Drive C is freeze (using Deep Freeze) so I installed my Kaspersky on Drive D:\Program Files so I can turn on the updates automatically. But my problem is, when Kaspersky updates, the updates still save at C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Kaspersky Lab\AVP8\.

I tried tweaking registry and change %DataRoot% and %TraceRoot% Target to D:\Documents and Settings\Application Data\Kaspersky Lab\AVP8 and try to update Kaspersky. It really did save on D:\Documents and Settings\Application Data\Kaspersky Lab\AVP8. But when I reboot my PC, Kaspersky didn't work well and it gave too many errors and the components (email, firewall, etc) does not work.

I guess I messed up with the program so I ended up reinstalling the whole thing.

Please help me. thanks.

07-14-2008, 08:22 AM
My Drive C is freeze (using Deep Freeze) so I installed my Kaspersky on Drive D:\Program Files so I can turn on the updates automatically. But my problem is, when Kaspersky updates, the updates still save at C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Kaspersky Lab\AVP8\.

I tried tweaking registry and change %DataRoot% and %TraceRoot% Target to D:\Documents and Settings\Application Data\Kaspersky Lab\AVP8 and try to update Kaspersky. It really did save on D:\Documents and Settings\Application Data\Kaspersky Lab\AVP8. But when I reboot my PC, Kaspersky didn't work well and it gave too many errors and the components (email, firewall, etc) does not work.

I guess I messed up with the program so I ended up reinstalling the whole thing.

Please help me. thanks.

Sorry... KIS can only save the data in C:\documents and settings\all users\application data.

you can't even change the path or directory. if you wish to do, it means you should messed up the KIS engine. :)

you can perodically thawed the deepfreeze if you gonna do. :)

Abel
10-05-2009, 01:56 PM
I already install kaspersky Internet Security 2009, but my laptop is to slow, even the access for internet is almos imposible, may I have to disable some protections???

please help me:confused: