PDA

View Full Version : All Levels Navigational Menu - 1px Off Bug

Nile
07-14-2008, 01:06 AM
1) Script Title: All Levels Navigational Menu

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/ddlevelsmenu/index.htm

3) Describe problem: I was roaming, and decided to try this new script. In FF3 the menu is a pixel farther away from the main menu, so when you hover over a menu, and then you go and move your mouse over the drop down menu. It will close if you don't go quick enough. Although I didn't make a fix, just thought ddadmin just do it.
Although it doesn't appear 1px off.

jscheuer1
07-14-2008, 06:10 AM
I was unable to see this happening on the demo page for this script in FF 3. I moved my mouse very slowly in both directions to and from the main menu section to and from the sub and the sub sub sections. I was able to get the cursor to change from pointer style to default style at the 'intersections', but the sub menus did not collapse. As a result, I am not convinced it is a bug. Do you have a link to a page where this is an issue with this menu?

In any case, for now at least, I am moving this to the help section.

ddadmin
07-14-2008, 07:39 AM
Yep, like John, I was able to get the cursor to change from hand to pointer if I moved slowly enough between the border of the main menu item/ drop down menu, but in FF3.x, it doesn't cause the later to disappear. Are you saying the problem is occurring on the DD demo page for you as well?

Nile
07-14-2008, 01:06 PM
I've put in an .avi file below. Please take a look. It's very short because its hard to upload heavy files.
http://localhostr.com/download/6cc0ec/bug.avi

ddadmin
07-15-2008, 05:11 AM
I see the video. I'm not able to duplicate your problem in FF 3.x Win XP though. Are you using another OS, or have customized certain settings of FF worth mentioning?

jscheuer1
07-15-2008, 05:46 AM
Please post a link to the page on your site that contains the problematic code so we can check it out.

Nile
07-15-2008, 09:10 PM
I never downloaded this script jscheuer. I found a bug while doing the demo on the dynamicdrive page.
FireFox v3, Vista.

ddadmin
07-16-2008, 03:06 AM
Hmm I don't have Vista, but I remember quickly testing out the menu using FF3 Vista at a friend's house and not getting the aforementioned issue. I'll try and give it another test the next time I'm there.

Nile
07-16-2008, 12:19 PM
Its very complicated because some times you naturally move your mouse fast.

ddadmin
07-16-2008, 07:23 PM
Yep, I'll be sure to move the mouse very slowly to detect what you're saying in Vista (as soon as I can get my hands on a computer with that OS that is).

tommivat
08-01-2008, 12:17 PM
I have the same problem on my site:

http://www.cis.hut.fi/tvatanen/sompa/about.shtml

The bug seems to be almost 'random', but it's very annoying. Sometimes the submenu disappears no matter how 'fast' you move your mouse.. I hope you can duplicate the error on my site.

I didn't find the same problems with the demos either. So I'm a little bit confused..

I'm using FF3 on Ubuntu

Thanks in advance,

Tommi

ddadmin
08-01-2008, 12:18 PM
Tommi:
Please include browser/ OS info.

tommivat
08-01-2008, 01:13 PM
Update:

I made some experiments and found that there is something about padding that affects this bug..

.mattblackmenu li a { padding: 6px 20px }

if I alter the vertical padding (6px by deafult) either to very small (1px) or much bigger (over 10px) the bug seems to disappear.. Weird, I think..

Edit: It seems that this behaviour is totally random.. So don't make any conclusions...

ddadmin
08-03-2008, 06:22 PM
Tommi:
Regarding extra padding/ margins throwing the menu off, seems like a missing doctype issue. Does the top of your page contain a valid doctype?