PDA

View Full Version : Stop on mouseover on the content

felyx
07-13-2008, 11:31 PM
1) Script Title: Featured Content Slider

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamici...tentslider.htm

3) Describe problem:

It is not a problem, it's more like a feature request.

Can this be done: when you move your mouse over the content then the sliding stops and when you move your mouse off the content then it starts sliding again (maybe with a delay)?

Also when you click on the pageination link the content shows and the sliding stops, and you have to restart it, I saw how it can be changed but if you could have a timer to restart sliding so when you move your mouse off the pageination link it would restart the sliding after some time so sliding would not stop would be so much better. Can this be done?

Nile
07-13-2008, 11:41 PM
In contentslider.js find the following(in black), and put in the red.

/*
pdiv[setting.revealtype]=function(){
featuredcontentslider.cleartimer(setting, window["fcsautorun"+setting.id])
}
sliderdiv["onclick"]=function(){ //stop content slider when slides themselves are clicked on
}

*/
sliderdiv["onmouseover"]=function(){ //stop content slider when slides themselves are clicked on
}
sliderdiv["onmouseout"]=function(){ //stop content slider when slides themselves are clicked on
featuredcontentslider.jumpTo(setting.currentpage, window["fcsautorun"+setting.id])
}

felyx
07-14-2008, 12:07 AM
Now it stops when I move my mouse over thanks, but I would like the script to start sliding again when I move my mouse cursor outside the content div and I want this for the pagination links aswell. Can you pelase help me with that aswell?

Nile
07-14-2008, 12:11 AM
It will work for the pagination, now I have to get it to start again.
Sorry, I cant seem to figure it out

felyx
07-14-2008, 12:33 AM
Thank you for your help Nile I am looking for this so long I can't even remember how long exactly.

Btw I did not saw how it will work for the pagination I only saw this sentence in your post:

And to make it continue even when you've clicked on the pagination:

Nile
07-14-2008, 12:40 AM
Ok, sorry. That was my mistake. Delete all the changes I made to your script(if you applied them). Then find this line in your code(black), and add the lines in red.

/*
pdiv[setting.revealtype]=function(){
}
sliderdiv["onclick"]=function(){ //stop content slider when slides themselves are clicked on
}

*/

This will only make it keep going. I will still look into making it pause. But I've tried everything I've got.

felyx
07-14-2008, 12:47 AM
Don't apologise, you don't have to. Thank you for even trying to help me! Hope someone can figure it out.

Nile
07-14-2008, 12:53 AM
Did you try the script I just gave you? This one will stop if from stopping when you click on the pagination.

felyx
07-14-2008, 01:02 AM
The problem is that I need that delay with both methods. I don't ever want it to constantly stop sliding just for a predefined time interval. When I move my mouse over the content I want it to stop until I move my mouse outside of the content div then it should restart and when I click a pagination link I want it to stop but start again with a delay, lets say 10 sec so I can either move my mouse over the content div to stop sliding and start it again when moving my mouse out of the div or wait 10 seconds read what I want and let it start sliding again.

Nile
07-14-2008, 01:07 AM
I know what you mean, but I can't solve that as I said above.

felyx
07-14-2008, 01:10 AM
I know what you mean, but I can't solve that as I said above.

Well thank you for trying to. Hopefully someone can help me I would be more than happy.

felyx
07-16-2008, 11:26 PM
Noone else can help me with a solution for my problem? :confused: