PDA

View Full Version : Round circle image in webpage

pointman
07-13-2008, 06:17 PM
I have a problem with making a JPG image round and to fit it into a webpage,
can samebody maybe suggest a simple way to make it

so in other words picture cut it round and place it as a round image in a webpage....

It sounds simple but i'm desperate!
:mad:

Nile
07-13-2008, 06:19 PM
I can't do it without the original image.

jscheuer1
07-13-2008, 08:41 PM
All images are rectangular. So basically, you make the image's corners match the surrounding background. However, if you wish there to be both foreground and background showing through the corners, you would need your image to be a .png or a .gif image with transparent corners. Even so, although links will show through such an image in its transparent regions, they may not be clickable from underneath its transparent parts.

It would be easier to offer workable suggestions (if any exist) for this if we could see the image and the page you want it on, preferably both at once.

Please post a link to the page on your site that contains the problematic code so we can check it out.

Please give as many details as possible as to how you want the finished result to be.

Kenny
07-15-2008, 03:23 PM
It might not be too simple but, I used VML and a screen capture to get this.It didn't take long as I wrote my own VML editor to make editing quick and easy.

jscheuer1
07-15-2008, 05:16 PM
Thats nice, a simpler example would be:

:)

assuming you have smilies enabled. However, the facts remain. With a .jpg image like you have text will not show through the corners. An image like that could be rather easily be made in Paint Shop, Photoshop, The Gimp, probably others. The real trick would be in how it gets integrated into a page, that is if it isn't to be standing off by itself somewhere, in which case, what you have is perfect.