PDA

View Full Version : Content Slider crashes IE 5

dcpl
07-11-2008, 01:25 PM
1) Script Title: Content Slider

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/featuredcontentslider.htm

3) Describe problem: I haven't had any problems with this script, but recently I started testing on different platforms. The one I experienced problems with was IE 5.0 running on Win 98. It kept crashing. I thought it was another element on my page that was causing the crash, but then I visited other pages with content slider script on it and it also crashed with the same message. Lastly, I visited the content slider homepage itself, and it also crashed. Here is the message I get:

"This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down. If the problem persists, contact the program vendor. IEXPLORE cased an invalid page fault in module KERNEL32.DLL at 015f:bff7434b... (a buncha mumbo jumbo computer stuff follows but I'm not including it in here)"

Any idea if this is a bug? It seems like a serious problem, I'm surprised it hasn't been encountered yet. FYI, I am actually doing these tests on fresh machines using VNC through browsercam's remote testing service (browsercam.com).

Thanks,

~j.