PDA

View Full Version : Accordion Script Runtime Error

msorber
07-08-2008, 04:34 PM
1) Script Title: Apple Silver Accordion Menu Script

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex17/ddaccordionmenu-apple.htm

3) Describe problem:

I am using Frontpage 2002. I first created a new page and copied all of your html code into the page. I then saved the files and images to the directory of my site. However, when I go to preview the page, I get a runtime error everytime. Do I need to do something different with the javascript files? Do I need to download something else? I cant figure out what I'm missing. Any help you could give would be much appreciated.

jscheuer1
07-08-2008, 06:28 PM
Try a text only editor like NotePad for making your test page, and test it in the browser.

Some notes on FP:

Well, you might be able to configure FP so as to allow you to insert code like this without it mangling it so much. Read the manual or Google for help on that. Another alternative, and what I recommend in all cases like this, is to get your page looking like you want using FP but without any scripts. Save a copy of that somewhere to work on later if the need arises. Next open the page in notepad or simple text (make sure word wrap is turned off in either of these) and add the scripts in according to the installation instructions, including any customization you've added. Never load this version of the page into FP ever again. To preview it locally, use the browser. To upload it, use FTP (preferred) or your host's online uploading tool.

Here is trick I ran across* that should stop FP from changing scripts but, since I do not use FP, I haven't tested it:

In a text editor open the page whose code you wish to preserve.

At the beginning of the section of code you wish to prevent FrontPage from modifying, add the following line of code:

<!--webbot bot="HTMLMarkup" startspan -->

At the end of the code section, add the following line of code:

<!--webbot bot="HTMLMarkup" endspan -->

Save the changes to the file. The next time the file is opened in FrontPage, FrontPage will not attempt to alter the code between the two HTMLMarkup tags. You still need to put the script into the page with a text editor.

*Posted in these forums by usace-lrc and perhaps others.