PDA

View Full Version : Tooltip II position in text

browser
07-08-2008, 04:23 PM
1) Script Title: Cool DHTML Tooltip II

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex5/dhtmltooltip2.htm

3) Describe problem:

I would like the text to flow 1 line after the other and the tooltip to appear when mouse is over a certain word. At the moment, when I put in the tooltip code, the word I have selected is moved to a new line.

e.g. The text should be flowing FREELY and then when anyone puts the mouse over freely, text shows up.

rather than

The text at the moment is not flowing
FREELY
because the key word is moved to a new line

I think it may require a style tag with float of some kind?

Thanks

jscheuer1
07-08-2008, 06:26 PM
Please post a link to the page on your site that contains the problematic code so we can check it out.

Sounds like you missed a step in installing the script or didn't follow the instructions, though. On the demo page for the script, you don't see any of that problem there, right?

browser
07-09-2008, 09:38 AM
site isn't hosted yet, but here is the HTML code as a txt file.

I just repasted the code and right now I am also getting a small square with a red cross on it over the tooltip box.

On the demo page they don't have this positioning problem because each keyword is on an individual line.

Thanks

edit: Fixed the red cross box (forgot to save the image again)

jscheuer1
07-09-2008, 02:22 PM
Use a span instead of a div:

<span onmouseover="ddrivetip('Explanation goes here', 250);" onmouseout="hideddrivetip();">likelihood ratio (LR).</span>

browser
07-09-2008, 03:03 PM
perfect! Thank you very much