PDA

View Full Version : CMotion Image Gallery is 'jumping'

noxidjkram
07-06-2008, 10:36 AM
1) Script Title: CMotion Image Gallery

2) Script URL (on DD): http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex4/cmotiongallery.htm

3) Describe problem: This works fine in Firefox, but when viewed in IE7 the script 'jumps' back to the left-hand end of the gallery when it gets to the right-hand end of the gallery.

I'm fairly new to web programming and am thinking I'm likely to have made a n00b error...

Thanks in advance for any fault-finding advice you can provide.

Mark

noxidjkram
07-06-2008, 10:57 AM
I have nothing else that interacts with this either - don't know whats going on. The code looks exactly as it does on the DD site.

See the problem here: http://www.d1x0n.com/Houses/Morpeth/Morpeth.htm

Thanks.

Mark

jscheuer1
07-06-2008, 12:57 PM
Remove:

body
{
height: 100%;
border: 0;
margin: 0;
padding: 0;
background-image: url('/Images/Background_grey_bricks_small.gif');
background-repeat: repeat;
}

from your base_page.css file.

noxidjkram
07-06-2008, 01:16 PM
You are the MAN! I never would have known that.

If it isn't too much trouble, could you posibly explain why this affected it in this way?

Cheers,

Mark

jscheuer1
07-06-2008, 01:36 PM
IE can be quirky, and so is your layout (so much absolute positioning and floats), so I have no real exact idea. I found it more or less by trial and error. Height 100% for the body and/or html elements is supposed to be meaningless for valid pages, but I notice that removing it moves the footer up to the top of the page (that's because the other elements on the page have no static layout height, but the footer should have been there at the top already, technically speaking). The footer's placement can be fixed by making it (adding to its style):

position:absolute;
bottom:10px;

However, I would suggest a redesign of the page that doesn't rely so heavily upon absolute positioning, which should generally be reserved for special effects, not used for basic layout.

noxidjkram
07-06-2008, 03:06 PM
Thanks John,

I'll look towards doiing that. I've got myself a book on CSS (The Definitive Guide - OReilly), so i'm hoping it will help me along the way.

Much appreciated. :)

Mark